Jaguar XJ-R 575 in Italian Racing Red.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Just received this from Marc at Polished and Waxed in Bangor.

Looking forward to pick up either tomorrow evening or Saturday morning.

Hoping that another XJ he had in a few weeks ago is able to turn up, make a wee photoshoot.

Camera battery on charge already!

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-24 at 18.54.06.jpeg

He's just about to start applying the ceramic coatings. G-Techniq Crystal Serum followed by two coats of Exo V4.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Rare beast in the best colour!
I was tempted to paint in the Jaguar lettering on the side vent in the same IRR colour (I got a pack from Chippex) and the lettering on the bonnet vents in gloss black - but I think I'll leave it original to be honest.

As for being a rare beast - yes apparently. You can see Dale Lomas doing his Ring Taxi in a 575, saying that there are only 80 worldwide (allegedly). Its also the last of the XJ from Jaguar. So hopefully this will be a keeper and go up in value in years to come.

Last edited:

MarkM

RMS Regular
I was tempted to paint in the Jaguar lettering on the side vent in the same IRR colour (I got a pack from Chippex) and the lettering on the bonnet vents in gloss black - but I think I'll leave it original to be honest.

Gloss black on red is lovely though :p

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Got to admit, I'm keen as mustard to see it.

The dealer I bought it from in England had done a good job prepping it, but they had used filler compounds to very good effect. When Marc clayed the paintwork, he noticed a lot of swirls and a few scratches.

Even offered Marc a hand, as he said the paint was rock hard and needed a heavier cut, so was taking far longer than originally anticipated.

He'd rather I saw it for the first time when it was finished.

I can go with that though.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Just got these through on whatsapp from Marc.

He's done a 13hr shift yesterday and the same again today. Can't say he doesn't graft.

He's starting again very early to finish it off - interior I would imagine.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-24 at 20.45.33.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-24 at 20.46.04.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-24 at 20.46.04 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-24 at 20.46.04 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-24 at 20.46.04 (4).jpeg

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Happy days! Must be rewarding being able to creep the power output up from the original (what was it) 503Hp on the XFR to the 567Hp (575 PS) this has - let alone the Project 8. Is that not something daft like 600Hp?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Looks really well. Guy I work with has an XKR Dynamic in this colour and the colour is something special.

c_rad

RMS Regular
This is peak XJ tbh. Lovely motor and excellent colour.

Picked up a 2010 XJ albeit the 3.0 V6 diesel as it's used to commute. Lovely cars and feel very special inside.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Not really my cuppa tea but I can appreciate it bud. Looks well 👌🏽
Fair play fella. We're all different, and it would be a very dull world if we all liked the same things (y)

Thanks for the comments guys/gals.

Hoping to get more pics up later today or tomorrow.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
This is peak XJ tbh. Lovely motor and excellent colour.

Picked up a 2010 XJ albeit the 3.0 V6 diesel as it's used to commute. Lovely cars and feel very special inside.
I was given a XJ Portfolio V6 3.0L diesel as a courtesy car by Hursts a few years ago.
I was driving a X250 XF Portfolio Sport with the same engine at the time, my first Jaaaag. A very capable and comfortable car.
In comparison the XJ felt like I was driving on nothing but air.

This one doesn't have that super smooth wafting along feeling.

Apparently it's been fitted with the same suspension components that are found on the F-Type R (SVO).
That includes Bilstein dampers apparently - so the ride is firmer, but certainly not uncomfortable.

I've read that although it says R on the front and back - it's got the SVO underpinnings (including the engine tune - I'm sure @mk2driver can confirm or not) not that I would imagine that makes much difference.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I was given a XJ Portfolio V6 3.0L diesel as a courtesy car by Hursts a few years ago.
I was driving a X250 XF Portfolio Sport with the same engine at the time, my first Jaaaag. A very capable and comfortable car.
In comparison the XJ felt like I was driving on nothing but air.

This one doesn't have that super smooth wafting along feeling.

Apparently it's been fitted with the same suspension components that are found on the F-Type R (SVO).
That includes Bilstein dampers apparently - so the ride is firmer, but certainly not uncomfortable.

I've read that although it says R on the front and back - it's got the SVO underpinnings (including the engine tune - I'm sure @mk2driver can confirm or not) not that I would imagine that makes much difference.
The 575PS power level was first developed for SVR products as you say - each vehicle had its own unique cal though