Jam-packed 30th July Race Meeting at Kirkistown!

RacerX

RMS Member
I thought a wee thread in the events section might draw attention to some of the great racing on at Kirkistown circuit on Saturday 30th July.
Not just track days down there! Loads of racing too.

See kirkistown.com for more:

B0EC2DC2-F1A9-4123-ABBB-9668270D2586.jpeg

This particular race meeting features not only the fastest sports cars in Ireland but Kirkistown welcomes back the Irish Historics for an action packed multi-class race.

5B326E60-08A1-49B5-AD0E-67E8D84C85F3.jpeg

It would be great to see some RMS guys down there, have a wee meet on the outfield with good views of the starting straight, the hairpin and the fastest corner Debtor’s Dip if you drive right on up to the end.
If you make your way across the track there are facilities for all, plenty to see in the friendly paddock and a café open all day!

£15 for adults on the gate, 500mrci membership is only about £35 and gets you in to all of the race meetings the club hosts.
Not sure if you can join the club online but I’m sure @V8 will be able to help anyone with this.

RacerX

RMS Member
OP
R
Great thread, I often forget to check what's on, only to be reminded by an article a few weeks later.
It’s a flipping disgrace mate, there was a sprint on last Saturday with the most varied field of cars you’ll see anywhere.
Literally something for everyone driving flat out, an open main gate with no charge and several viewing areas in the outfield.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
It’s a flipping disgrace mate, there was a sprint on last Saturday with the most varied field of cars you’ll see anywhere.
Literally something for everyone driving flat out, an open main gate with no charge and several viewing areas in the outfield.

I scribble all the local motorsports events in the work diary but unfortunately can't get to them all. Hillclimbs and sprints are usually a decent day out, plan to get down for the BOSS meeting and the British sprint. I don't understand why it isn't more popular

RacerX

RMS Member
OP
R
Bump!
Over 100 entries for next Saturday’s racing.

Check out the entry list HERE

Something for everyone and the weather looks promising too.

Good views from the outfield and food, facilities and an open paddock across the track.

This is either a corner or a kink, depends who you ask!
You’ll see cars hit 120mph+ as they take this bend flat out!

70AED595-3409-414E-A3CF-27BEE8B47EED.jpeg

althebass

RMS Regular
Drives
Model A Ford
I’ll be in garage 12 for this if anyone wants to say hi.
Will probably have the Model A down too.
We have 3 sports cars out doing 4 races each.
Not these actual cars but 2 Crossle 9s like this:

61559493-180D-48CD-8155-E26AA37921DC.jpeg

And a Crossle 42s like this:

E9F10363-F032-4EBB-A33D-0A648E2079E2.jpeg

V8

RMS Regular
I thought a wee thread in the events section might draw attention to some of the great racing on at Kirkistown circuit on Saturday 30th July.
Not just track days down there! Loads of racing too.

See kirkistown.com for more:

View attachment 368282

This particular race meeting features not only the fastest sports cars in Ireland but Kirkistown welcomes back the Irish Historics for an action packed multi-class race.

View attachment 368283

It would be great to see some RMS guys down there, have a wee meet on the outfield with good views of the starting straight, the hairpin and the fastest corner Debtor’s Dip if you drive right on up to the end.
If you make your way across the track there are facilities for all, plenty to see in the friendly paddock and a café open all day!

£15 for adults on the gate, 500mrci membership is only about £35 and gets you in to all of the race meetings the club hosts.
Not sure if you can join the club online but I’m sure @V8 will be able to help anyone with this.
It is only £12 admission 🙂

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Love the 9S, had the smallest hand in helping / mostly looking on as Stevie Patton was building the first 'new' one in 1987 at Rory's Wood for John to drive at the 30 year anniversary Crossle meeting. Beautiful shape.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Shame, cant make it but looks a great day. Kirkistown and all who run it do a great job. (y)

Reactions: V8

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Love the 9S, had the smallest hand in helping / mostly looking on as Stevie Patton was building the first 'new' one in 1987 at Rory's Wood for John to drive at the 30 year anniversary Crossle meeting. Beautiful shape.
Crossle 9S is high up the list if I ever win the Euromillions, great looking car.

althebass

RMS Regular
Drives
Model A Ford
I was lucky enough to serve my time with Stevie in the early 00’s building racing engines and fixing Formula Fords.
What a natural engineering genius he is!
The guy taught me a lot and I’m very grateful for that.

I’m preparing one of the 9s’ today, I’ll get a few pictures when I’m in work.

The 42s is getting a different exhaust so we’ve had to make a new rear subframe.

2lt pinto with about 175bhp:

B278D6B3-EE87-4EBA-9A68-05E7F905EA67.jpeg

CC83DE38-A419-4554-93A2-981222AA7BF0.jpeg

D2DC6E0A-0429-4C6C-8291-9FC63C3BFD3C.jpeg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I only worked with him for a few weeks but I think he was instrumental in JC offering me a job at Crossle before I had to go back to Tommy Reid's place after finishing the 37S that I had been there to rebuild. It was a year out from Jordanstown doing a HND and I wanted to finish that so I didn't take the job but probably should have lol. Stevie helped me enormously on the 37S as I had been dispatched with the car to Holywood as cheap labour so we went through the car together to make a list and I worked through it. I worked a few nights with him on the 9S and helped him out a little but knew very little at the time to be of much use if I'm honest.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I was lucky enough to serve my time with Stevie in the early 00’s building racing engines and fixing Formula Fords.
What a natural engineering genius he is!
The guy taught me a lot and I’m very grateful for that.

I’m preparing one of the 9s’ today, I’ll get a few pictures when I’m in work.

The 42s is getting a different exhaust so we’ve had to make a new rear subframe.

2lt pinto with about 175bhp:

View attachment 369616

View attachment 369618

View attachment 369619
looks like interesting work!

althebass

RMS Regular
Drives
Model A Ford
I only worked with him for a few weeks but I think he was instrumental in JC offering me a job at Crossle before I had to go back to Tommy Reid's place after finishing the 37S that I had been there to rebuild. It was a year out from Jordanstown doing a HND and I wanted to finish that so I didn't take the job but probably should have lol. Stevie helped me enormously on the 37S as I had been dispatched with the car to Holywood as cheap labour so we went through the car together to make a list and I worked through it. I worked a few nights with him on the 9S and helped him out a little but knew very little at the time to be of much use if I'm honest.
That 37s you worked on is being prepared to come out racing again.
Have you been in touch with him recently? I call with him some Saturdays and he’s down to the races too.
Hasn’t changed much!

PM me if you like.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
According to the timetable for Saturday Roadsports & NI 7s have separate races. Well done to all involved in getting good numbers on the grid. That's a big turnaround compared to the past couple of years. Long may it continue.

althebass

RMS Regular
Drives
Model A Ford
According to the timetable for Saturday Roadsports & NI 7s have separate races. Well done to all involved in getting good numbers on the grid. That's a big turnaround compared to the past couple of years. Long may it continue.
Yep they do.
Here’s the timetable:

F222FCC9-A3EB-44B0-9CE4-C36845F2C48E.jpeg

Attachments

• DCBA4A6B-3A07-4FA7-B468-1DCF3419C2E6.jpeg
    DCBA4A6B-3A07-4FA7-B468-1DCF3419C2E6.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 34