JCC 2022 ??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sauce

RMS Regular
Drives
tdi golf
As title states
I have been approached by the new owners of Car Culture Ireland to consider putting together my old show JCC for 2022.
So far I've been in touch with venues
And checking availability etc.

Can ask if there is still an appetite such an an event or has the landscape changed post covid 19?

2020 I had punchestown booked to take the show south for more room and a more central
Ireland location but due to covid and all the financial mess it left me I was forced to sell up and try get head above water.

I would anticipate 2022 would be a return to TEC in Belfast for financial purposes.
And I would be a hired gun to put it together rather than the main man.

Let me know thoughts cheers

MarkM

RMS Regular
Ah really sorry to hear it cost you personally :worried:
I’m sure there’s still an appetite for it, for me personally though a put your car on a stand and walk about all day show is the furthest thing from what I want!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yup I’ve been missing something like this. Would give me an excuse to finish few jobs on zed also.

There would be a good few similar myself on here but I’d suggest you’d get a better steer reaching out to the Facebook groups and specific owners clubs.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Just an idea, but for myself a bit of interactivity with the cars makes shows more interesting. Afterall, the drive of the car is the most important aspect is it not?

It would probably be a logistical nightmare, but holding the show at a track and allowing people to pay for passenger rides in some classic jap cars would be more fun.

Could still have your regular show and shine cars in the paddock.

That’s the type of show I would be up for brining the Evo out for, but as I mentioned, I’m sure it’s a nightmare organising things like this.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Just an idea, but for myself a bit of interactivity with the cars makes shows more interesting. Afterall, the drive of the car is the most important aspect is it not?

It would probably be a logistical nightmare, but holding the show at a track and allowing people to pay for passenger rides in some classic jap cars would be more fun.

Could still have your regular show and shine cars in the paddock.

That’s the type of show I would be up for brining the Evo out for, but as I mentioned, I’m sure it’s a nightmare organising things like this.

Mondello runs japfest each year and is similar
Bar passenger runs afaik

Patjoe

RMS Member
Can you pay us our money back from your failed drag event? Youve blanked everyone and sent us all to another lad and blanked him as well as left with all the money (venue deposits, sponsorship money, entry fees etc.)... Surely the money u got from selling the facebook page can be used to refund us instead of wasting it again... I certainly wont be attending until we all get refunded...

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Can you pay us our money back from your failed drag event? Youve blanked everyone and sent us all to another lad and blanked him as well as left with all the money (venue deposits, sponsorship money, entry fees etc.)... Surely the money u got from selling the facebook page can be used to refund us instead of wasting it again... I certainly wont be attending until we all get refunded...

In the ideal world refunds would be no issue. But in the events exhibition world one event was always paying towards the next. And when one event is crippled due to uncontrollable circumstances there is no money in the pot for anything.
Take Into consideration easter monday drag racing event 2020 got cancelled 3 weeks prior to event with venue deposit paid, marketing budget used up contractors paid insurance paid. All complete loss not to mention ticket service fees solicitors etc etc all adds to in the region of 20,000 and money promised from catering contractors no coming in the pot got zapped of everything. 25% Punchestown deposit was also a dead loss from buisness capital from previous JCC event.

At the time I was offering refunds from personal job earnings then I lost personal employment due to covid 19.
Selling up social media page put a dent on the buisness dept yes but I'm to this day in dept thousands and will be for years and years
I am not sitting with a pot of money far far from it complete mess to be honest.

I cant offer refunds from a pot with no money in the pot.

And on a final note . When purchasing tickets the service did state any check out . No refund policy.

I'm not being a p***k and I understand your feelings but covid
19 ruined my business absolutely and I will be paying for it for years to come .

Your feelings are noted

Patjoe

RMS Member
In the ideal world refunds would be no issue. But in the events exhibition world one event was always paying towards the next. And when one event is crippled due to uncontrollable circumstances there is no money in the pot for anything.
Take Into consideration easter monday drag racing event 2020 got cancelled 3 weeks prior to event with venue deposit paid, marketing budget used up contractors paid insurance paid. All complete loss not to mention ticket service fees solicitors etc etc all adds to in the region of 20,000 and money promised from catering contractors no coming in the pot got zapped of everything. 25% Punchestown deposit was also a dead loss from buisness capital from previous JCC event.

At the time I was offering refunds from personal job earnings then I lost personal employment due to covid 19.
Selling up social media page put a dent on the buisness dept yes but I'm to this day in dept thousands and will be for years and years
I am not sitting with a pot of money far far from it complete mess to be honest.

I cant offer refunds from a pot with no money in the pot.

And on a final note . When purchasing tickets the service did state any check out . No refund policy.

I'm not being a p***k and I understand your feelings but covid
19 ruined my business absolutely and I will be paying for it for years to come .

Your feelings are noted
Thats not the truth... From speaking to your business partner who was in contact with both Enniskillen and Punchestown you got both deposits back and quite a large amount for selling the facebook page rumoured to the tune of £30k according to new owners... Funny how you had a big wedding just after or was it your failed raffle site and car bits site that you used all that money towards? Wise up and give us back our money youve lost any trust in the car scene and would need to get us refunded...

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Be a brave man buying tickets in the current unpredictable atmosphere i guess. And that experience above if felt by many may taint any uptake

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Still waiting on my money from the drag event which didn’t happen in April 2020

Can I please get my refund

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Thats not the truth... From speaking to your business partner who was in contact with both Enniskillen and Punchestown you got both deposits back and quite a large amount for selling the facebook page rumoured to the tune of £30k according to new owners... Funny how you had a big wedding just after or was it your failed raffle site and car bits site that you used all that money towards? Wise up and give us back our money youve lost any trust in the car scene and would need to get us refunded...
30 k lol omg defo defo not !
And the other fella who knows everything knows nothing. He wanted 50% of my buisness and fell out with me when I said no .he then went on a social media rampage stating me when **** hit the fan with covid 19 as he thought he was entitled to 50%.
No no money in pot no hand outs
I even sold my subaru for peanuts.

Shouldn't listen to rumours
A facebook page would never sell for 30k heads in the clouds pal .I wish it did tho
Big wedding ? 16 guests and family paid for what do you consider
as big ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.