JDM Car Culture 2019

RevT

RMS Regular
Would I be right in saying the Jap scene wouldn’t be as strong as it was?

Fast & Furious films boosted it big time in the naughties but I’m just back from cruising the Port on a Sunday night & only seen one Jap car (Blob eye Scooby).

VAG has taken over unfortunately, so don’t blame today’s show for not delivering.

I think it’s more that alot of the jap motors are getting old now and are being used as proper toys instead of dailys and tend to be owned by older people.

I love jap, especially the old stuff but everything jap is difficult to buy now.

Jap-mc97

RMS Regular
Drives
Esi saloon civic
Epic event and anybody who was involved - THANKS, well done!

Yeah we saw a redneck family where a child climbed into your civic @Jap-mc97 and we thought it was a son of owner (not knowing it was yours). He attempted to open glovebox. Then did it on another car and another. Then we cought on they don't know owners and made a very loud WTF. Family moved on but genuinely would I known it wasn't a relative I'd tell to F**K off immediately. Only way to stop this is security revoking tickets and kicking out. Will never do that again!
I'm raging I didn't see it honestly disgusted the fact it happened. It's done now but I mean its putting everything u have into the car bringing it on the day to let people see and the thanks you get it some little f**ker climbing into someones elses car and breaking stuff? Not on ruined the show for me and I'm a big big fan of it.

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Looks like some lovely metal, especially the old celicas. I was going to go and bring the mrs, son and one of his mates. I just didnt fancy paying 80 quid to get in. I did notice that the classic car show in Dublin today were selling family tickets for 30 euro (2 adults and two kids). That'd definitely appeal to all the parents out there!!!

Cheers

Cooks
So did we online ??

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Some RMSers? Loads of photos but dont know who owns what really lol

IMG_20190707_223903_151.jpg
IMG_20190707_211452_629.jpg
IMG_20190707_231547_121.jpg
20190708_000316.jpg

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
The Celica and AE86 stands were fantastic. Plenty of nice modified stuff and few wee oddball gems kicking about that I loved too including that wee Suzuki Alto kei car.

It’s great to have shows like that here and good to see so many cars up from the south too.

And of course the obligatory grey R32 GTR which always has to show up to every show and remind me how I should have bought one 5 or 6 years ago 😩

I thought last years was the show of the season for me but I did feel there was something missing this year that I can’t put my finger on.

Also, anyone know the story with the almost standard looking red mk1 MX5 in the hall? Looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in a wee while. Just seemed odd sitting there amongst everything else unless I missed something?

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
So did we online ??
I had a look at the website, and I completely missed the fact (how, I'll never know) that there was a family ticket available for £35 quid at the gate. I'll know for next year!!

Cooks

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Yeah the mx-5, plastidipped mr2 and pink integra, weird micra in logan hall certainly were the cars that I wanted to ask about as well. As for the overall show quality I fully disagree with those saying it was not up to high standards. Majority of cars there were phenomenal. Just speak to some owners and see the work involved in them. It is not just rotiforms and air here. Being such a phenomenal weather and IDC round meant majority of folks were outside. I am sure we will hear soon how many people actually attended the event. I think it was a superb event with outstanding selection of cars and entertainment. Car shows are what you make of them.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Red R32 and the white stripped EK civic were some of the nicest builds there. Not usually a jap fan but the variety of those cars yesterday made it very entertaining. Some beautiful machinery
That ek was unreal bet that would put some expensive machinery to shame.

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Retro hall
120 cars applied bought ticket
106 checked in tickets
Cut off time was fast approaching for load In 10am as instructed in emails and on social media last half hour approached with no shows So Gate staff advised to pull anything in to fill the gap

Problem with a 1 day event is stress on load in ..

Again load in logan hall
2 traders decided not to show that said bringing 7 cars (bought space ) again pulled cars from courtyard in to fill gaps in morning

Now ... you’d expect that cars that applied and accepted and bought show pass would be obliged to turn up??

Or at least tell the organisers they won’t be attending ??

Kids in cars . I had signs at doors. I’m disappointed that the general public didn't use common sense or have respect for other people’s property . We didn’t have that problem last year and If you weigh out the amount of family units in attendance to the single family unit that this report seams to be aimed at it’s plain to see that 99% of general public had respect for the rules

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Retro hall
106 checked in tickets
Cut off time was fast approaching for load In 10am as instructed in emails and on social media last half hour approached with no shows So Gate staff advised to pull anything in to fill the gap

Again load in logan hall
2 traders decided not to show that said bringing 7 cars (bought space ) again pulled cars from courtyard in to fill gaps in morning

Now ... you’d expect that cars that applied and accepted and bought show pass would be obliged to turn up??

Kids in cars . I had signs at doors. I’m disappointed that the general public didn't use common sense or have respect for other people’s property . We didn’t have that problem last year and If you weigh out the amount of family units in attendance to the single family unit that this report seams to be aimed at it’s plain to see that 99% of general public had respect for the rules
I was meant to be in the Logan Hall but was sent into the other ( retro? )

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Retro hall
106 checked in tickets

Again load in logan hall

Hope you and the team have not been discouraged mate. Was a fantastic day and I loved seeing the drifting

Gaz86

RMS Regular
It's easy to scrutinise but until you have organised an event yourself I think most people don't quite understand the level of stress and organisation involved. Same goes for the running costs of these events. Talking from personal experience I'd say you did an excellent job. It was only the one family that I witnessed messing with peoples cars, not really a lot you can do about it. I chased them as soon as I saw them. That's a problem for security staff to deal with.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
To be quite honest, I thought it was a fantastic show and I had a fantastic day. Despite coming home like a lobster lol .. There are always going to be wrinkles that wont iron out but as far as it goes, it was fantastic. Well done!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
You're always going to be at the mercy of others with things like this. Despite the walking vasectomy advert family and the no shows, I would chalk this show as a success. Nice chilled day, enjoyed some nice cars and the drifting was entertaining. Even the wife enjoyed it

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Again I wish I'd known who all off here was attending lol Still haven't a baldies who half of you are and I dare say we crossed paths a dozen times! The only person off here I recognised was WSM, and if it wasn't for the beard I probably wouldn't have spotted him either :joy:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Thought it was a decent wee show but emphasis on the "wee". Felt like there should have been a lot more cars there for the money we paid in.

That said, the standard of cars I thought was fantastic (bar the aforementioned ones above) and some really really rare motors too. Drifting was great too with some good close runs and up close action.

I appreciate the cost and headaches of putting on a show like this so i understand the need for a high ticket price but genuinely I think £20 is too much and likely put off a lot of prospective visitors.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Thought it was a decent wee show but emphasis on the "wee". Felt like there should have been a lot more cars there for the money we paid in.

That said, the standard of cars I thought was fantastic (bar the aforementioned ones above) and some really really rare motors too. Drifting was great too with some good close runs and up close action.

I appreciate the cost and headaches of putting on a show like this so i understand the need for a high ticket price but genuinely I think £20 is too much and likely put off a lot of prospective visitors.

Think that's down to the no shows bud, nothing they can do about it if they aren't told someone can't make it. Again something I can fully sympathise with, total PITA but really little you can do to prevent it. You can only do so much to keep you a$$ covered when organising things like this.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Again I wish I'd known who all off here was attending lol Still haven't a baldies who half of you are and I dare say we crossed paths a dozen times! The only person off here I recognised was WSM, and if it wasn't for the beard I probably wouldn't have spotted him either :joy:

Same! Even people I know and have met. I even walked right past one of my best mates who was meeting us down there ffs until I heard "Yo d**khead!" 😂 .. I'm not ignorant (I hope) I'm just blind, apparently! Lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
That's wild about traders in particular paying and not turning up, esp with a load of cars to put on show which I'm sure wasn't cheap. Explains a bit nevermind the other public no shows.

I don't doubt the work that went into planning the show and the pain of it all, I don't think anyone is complaining about that as it all went smoothly and no issues walking round the halls; It's just some things out of your control as you have explained above.

See the no card payments thing, is that because of the cost of setting that up or why was it not an option out of interest? A lot of people seemed to be in the position of having to turn round and head to nearest garage to lift cash.