JDM headunit removal

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So I have an old Eclipse AVN7702D in my car. It has a nav function that thinks it is still in Japan someplace, can only get Radio 2 and Radio 5, and had a pleasant sounding Japanese woman commenting on my fabulous driving from time to time (I assume anyway).

As great as all these envious features are, I would love to change it to the new headunit I bought.

DSC_0241.JPG
DSC_0242.JPG

Question is, does anyone know how to remove this unit?

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
I’ve got a similar system in the evo, I’ve just learned to live with it and imagine what the Japanese slag is jibbering about, pity I can’t get the UK maps on it as it looks a great system

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Get a bojo tool to gently prise the surround out first. Make sure the trim is warm as it can snap. 4 screws the removed the head unit.

Crow555

RMS Regular
OP
Crow555
Drives
Integra DC5R
Yea as said, remove the surround, should prize out
An the cage will be screwed in

Would you sell the headunit?
I will give that a go some night this week then.

Yep, I would sell it, otherwise it would just be gathering dust in my loft, though I don't know what use it would be to you.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I will give that a go some night this week then.

Yep, I would sell it, otherwise it would just be gathering dust in my loft, though I don't know what use it would be to you.

I could stick it in the skyline
Reason your getting little to no stations is the aerial in behind the radio, jap cars has a 2 prong aerial, you can get a converter that converts it to a UK spec aerial, I'd say the radio only reads between certain frequencies

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

Crow555

RMS Regular
OP
Crow555
Drives
Integra DC5R
I assume you know that most of the touchscreen buttons are in Japanese kanji?
Not that it would stop you using it, just that you need to remember what button did what.

Crow555

RMS Regular
OP
Crow555
Drives
Integra DC5R
Ok, next issue. Adapters.

DSC_0243.JPG

Top is the connections for the old stereo. Bottom is the fitting for the new one. Try as I might, I cannot work out what type those white connectors are and what adapter I would need to use to connect to the new stereo .

Anyone know what these are?

Crow555

RMS Regular
OP
Crow555
Drives
Integra DC5R
Thanks @Cartunes I ordered an ISO adapter but it wasn't the right type of connector. I can therefore only assume the connectors were proprietary to the Eclipse NAV unit and the original Honda connector was disconnected. I ended up getting the connectors wired in. Thanks for replying though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.