JDM ICE man

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
We currently have a family wagon on the slow boat from Japan and I’m trying to plan ahead for the head unit swap.

The car has an OE double DIN unit and I plan on swapping it out for a DAB Pioneer unit with Apple CarPlay (or something along those lines).

It’ll not be straightforward however as the reversing camera uses the stereo screen as its display and the steering wheel has stereo controls on it and I’d like to retain those features if possible.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any ICE wizards who would be up to the task?

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
You can pick up units from Ali express that retain steering wheel controls and reverse camera.

Junsun is one of the main brands/options, from CarPlay to Netflix/Prime and YouTube - handy from a kids point of view.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Thanks for the replies.

I may have jumped the gun on this as I’ve just been informed that because the car is a facelift 2018 model it has a Mitsubishi VXM 187/197/2107 VFNI head unit, which already has Apple CarPlay.

The head unit in its initial state would be useless to me but once connected to Apple CarPlay I should be able to access local stations etc.

Will hold fire until it arrives.

IMG_4129.jpeg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
4.5B clearly as tidy as the pics lead you to believe (well hopefully). Class looking wagon. Health to enjoy

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Give Ollie a shout at Source in Car

Worked magic in my Estima with a similar issue getting the current reverse cam to work with new system and rear Alpine screen. 👍 Perfect job done