JDM Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

K55

RMS Regular
Curious to know what local firms will insure imports? More for future reference than anything....

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I always thought 20-25 years but quick search brought up...All pre-1960 cars are exempt from road tax, but many other factors are taken into account when determining if a car is a 'classic' – not just its age. In the UK, there is no fixed age group that a classic car must fit into. For insurance purposes a classic car can be any car that is older than 15 years.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I always thought 20-25 years but quick search brought up...All pre-1960 cars are exempt from road tax, but many other factors are taken into account when determining if a car is a 'classic' – not just its age. In the UK, there is no fixed age group that a classic car must fit into. For insurance purposes a classic car can be any car that is older than 15 years.

1978 for tax. 1960 is for MOT.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
007 can sort them out, as I said it was just a quick search :p
31229F4E-5CA9-4767-9AEE-06386DD7B5B4.png
1978 for tax. 1960 is for MOT.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Traders policy, handiest way

Not anymore, I tried to get trade insurance there but no one would cover the glanza.

Axa is the main underwriter for trade but they changed the terms of new policies taken out from April 2018 and won't cover modified cars now

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
I’m just subscribing to this thread, happy enough with the evo @ £460 a year currently but seing as its now 20 years old I might look into getting a classic policy on the go this year.

JH86

RMS Regular
Not anymore, I tried to get trade insurance there but no one would cover the glanza.

Axa is the main underwriter for trade but they changed the terms of new policies taken out from April 2018 and won't cover modified cars now

Eeh?

My renewal was in sept 18 and policy never changed,

RevT

RMS Regular

My underwriter is AXA on a trade policy and was taken out late April 2018. No issue with imports or modifications.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.