JDM Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I’m just subscribing to this thread, happy enough with the evo @ £460 a year currently but seing as its now 20 years old I might look into getting a classic policy on the go this year.

Classic usually only possible if it's a second car.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
And depends on the car and year, most need to be 20 years. Autoline won’t cover imprezas until 20. Im with admiral for around £400 for the year which I though was very good considering the model.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
How do you get a traders policy though?
It’s getting harder. A lot of companies now ask for about 5 proofs of trade, of the top of my head things like..bank statements in company name, business stationary, advertising, receipts, corresponding e-mails etc. Well that was Todd’s recently for a mate of mine, I never had bother but Iv mine years.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
It’s getting harder. A lot of companies now ask for about 5 proofs of trade, of the top of my head things like..bank statements in company name, business stationary, advertising, receipts, corresponding e-mails etc. Well that was Todd’s recently for a mate of mine, I never had bother but Iv mine years.
I've nothing relevant to the motor trade, would be handy as I could get my jdm insured and get a daily on the go

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I used Direct Line on the Impreza.

Though they take imports on a case by case basis. At that stage I'd been with them for quite a few years and had a few cars with them.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I used Direct Line on the Impreza.

Though they take imports on a case by case basis. At that stage I'd been with them for quite a few years and had a few cars with them.
Yeah they insure parallel imports but completely grey imports they dont.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Eeh?

My renewal was in sept 18 and policy never changed,

If it was just a renewal I'd say your ok, was only on new policies taken out I believe.

My underwriter is AXA on a trade policy and was taken out late April 2018. No issue with imports or modifications.

Maybe April was the last month of the old set up then? I rang around various brokers and they all told me the same. Your covered to drive them for trade purposes but you can't have them listed on your policy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.