JDM Subaru WRX STI Blobeye wide track

moglie

RMS Regular
Hi guys

One for the Subaru enthusiasts.

I've just landed a 2004 WRX STI (Blobeye) from Japan. Grade 4, factory standard, low miler.

Just looking to know if its a wide track model. In the UK it seems the wide track model was introduced in 2005.

However I've been led to belive that in Japan anything after 2002 was wide track.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance

richie_mck

RMS Regular
The widetracks have the rear arch extensions. My jdm was 03 but wasn't a widetrack

moglie

RMS Regular
OP
moglie
Screenshot_20181217-215610_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20181217-215624_WhatsApp.jpg

moglie

RMS Regular
OP
moglie
Another forum member has confirmed the same. Thanks buddy

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Widetrack or not thats fantastic lookinng.

Good to see you are importing from Japan as well now as it will make your inventory even cooler. Best of luck with it Stefan.

bob

RMS Regular
Subaru enthusiasts - tell me everything about Hawkeye Impreza's, I gather the 2.0 JDM is the better engine from a quick read online - what other differences do the JDM cars have?
Are they all widetrack? A good fresh import should be clean but how do the UK car's fair with rust, common faults?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Hi @bob , I assume you may already have come across this?

I'm not a subaru expert but the general consensus is that the EJ20 twinscroll engine in the JDM model is a good bit superior to the EJ25 in the UK model. That link should cover a lot of the rest of the differences too.

Reactions: bob