Just finished cleaning the engine!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Adam

RMS Regular
Might not look like much compared to some cars on here but if you knew how dirty it was before you'd soon see the difference!
Only problem is that its pissing down outside so I couldnt get any pics in the light!

cleaneng01.jpg

cleaneng02.jpg

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
LOL, I'll probably have to go over it again when I get to Santa Pod tomorrow!

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Sprayed on some Gunk and rubbed it well in with a small brush and tooth brush to get rid of the most stubborn stuff.
Then covered the plugs, dizzy, fuses and coil and power washed it all.
Then repeated this a few times until all the dirt was off.

To get the engine cleaned up I tried various things including silcone spray and plastic stuff and tyre cleaner but everything looked dull.
I ended up using Fast Black or something from Turtle Wax to shine up all the black plastics.
The polished heat shield helps things alot too. :grinning:

Just need to find somewhere to polish the rocker cover now like Mooks and get a couple of chrome bottles maybe.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
yeah adam deffo lookin well i cudnt believe the difference it made to mione givin it the once over treatment :laughing:

rocker cover and timin belt housin deffo make the difference...ps damn nice lookin airbox u ave there i used to ave one jus like it...only not as clean ;-)

ave to look out for another :p

album_pic.php

Marc

RMS Moderator
looking very clean adam... wish i could be arsed to clean mine.. and moook..... can u not have a bit of metal not blinged :p

baron

RMS Regular
looks brilliant. now you've prefected your technique, want to give mine ago hahahahah :p

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
LOL Nah once was enough!

Mook, nah its nothing like your airbox. This one has a big hole at the front and along the bottom! LOL. :grinning:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
dress the black bits with somethin like back to black or anythin wit gd silicon content?? altho some stuff when it dries cakes in an looks yellowy... think u can buy engine dresser in halfords?

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Adam said:
To get the engine cleaned up I tried various things including silcone spray and plastic stuff and tyre cleaner but everything looked dull.
I ended up using Fast Black or something from Turtle Wax to shine up all the black plastics.
The polished heat shield helps things alot too. :grinning:
quote]

As long as it doesnt go all yellow when its heated up or dry then Im happy.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.