JVC KW-AVX706 - not playing SDHC card :(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

kirsten

Drives
integra
Hi there, new here, but really need some help!

We just got this KW-AVX706 from a friend (i know older unit, but way better than what i had before haha!)
and realised we couldnt put an aux cord in it, and we didnt have the adapter for the ipod, so i went an bought a SDHC 16gb card so i could at least put something on there, well the thing doesnt even pop up that anything at all is in there, just doesnt recongize it... so i went back to the manual to double check that card was even supported and says its supported up to 32GB on SDHC! - has anyone had the same issue ? is there anything i can do to make this thing work? - also double checked if the sd it self was locked and it seemed all good!

kirsten

OP
K
Drives
integra
Thank you for the fast reply! I do normally try and make all my USBs and SDs the FAT32.. but i will triple check that at lunch when i can get out to my car!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
there is a limit of 8GB SD card (not SDHC) for that model...... FAT 16 or 32 is OK

kirsten

OP
K
Drives
integra
yea its weird, says up to 32 SDHC on their manual, but up to 2gb for just SD - just tried our 8gb one, but it didnt read any of the mp3. songs either! grr getting so fusterating!!

kirsten

OP
K
Drives
integra
both are formatted for FAT32. - this time it is actually reading that there is an SD card in there.. before it wasnt giving us anything.. so ive gotten somewhere with it! just going to have to keep playing around with it i guess.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.