K20a2 engine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

amcm1

RMS Regular
Anyone a fairly complete k20a2 engine for sale?
Must have fairly low mileage and be able to stand over it to an extent. Being able to hear it run or some proof of service history with it would be a bonus. Asking on here before I start ringing around the usual breakers this week.

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Not necessarily if they're well looked after and the one mentioned above has the chain and guides done on it but would rather get one with under 100k on it, have a full turbo kit in the garage I might fit to it next year so want a good base to work from

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Not necessarily if they're well looked after and the one mentioned above has the chain and guides done on it but would rather get one with under 100k on it, have a full turbo kit in the garage I might fit to it next year so want a good base to work from

Depending on your power figure I would strip the engine to take a look and check compression etc

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Car was forged with gt35 kit on it but was ran low on oil and developed a rattle in the head so it's been pulled out and just want to stick a standard engine back into it for now to get use out of it and if I decide to stick a turbo on it I'll be going with something a bit smaller and 350bhp max. Heard of 2 people recently stuck biggish mileage k20s into cars and they were rattled in no time hence me preferring something with lower miles, I know maintenance has alot to do with it but it's still more wear and tear.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Car was forged with gt35 kit on it but was ran low on oil and developed a rattle in the head so it's been pulled out and just want to stick a standard engine back into it for now to get use out of it and if I decide to stick a turbo on it I'll be going with something a bit smaller and 350bhp max. Heard of 2 people recently stuck biggish mileage k20s into cars and they were rattled in no time hence me preferring something with lower miles, I know maintenance has alot to do with it but it's still more wear and tear.

When the engine is out then it would be a good idea to fit a new chain, tensioner and guides all before fitting. I turbo’d my own ep3 and tracked it so know a bit about them if you have any questions.

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
When the engine is out then it would be a good idea to fit a new chain, tensioner and guides all before fitting. I turbo’d my own ep3 and tracked it so know a bit about them if you have any questions.
Thanks, had an ep3 years ago and know to do it all properly its best to do it with the engine out. Going back down the turbo route is a long term plan and most likely wont happen but have everything there for it so it's a possibility and would like to have a reliable base to work off if I do decide.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Thanks, had an ep3 years ago and know to do it all properly its best to do it with the engine out. Going back down the turbo route is a long term plan and most likely wont happen but have everything there for it so it's a possibility and would like to have a reliable base to work off if I do decide.

What setup have you sitting there for it?

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Car came fitted with forged k20, manifold with Garrett gt3582r, turbosmart 44mm wastegate, 1000cc injectors adjustable fpr, walbro 450 pump with swirl pot, m-factory diff and hondata kpro.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Car came fitted with forged k20, manifold with Garrett gt3582r, turbosmart 44mm wastegate, 1000cc injectors adjustable fpr, walbro 450 pump with swirl pot, m-factory diff and hondata kpro.

Sounds a good setup. Plenty money spent

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Yeah has all the right bits on it and real tidy shell, 05 premier edition with 89k on it. Won it on a raffle so stands me extremely little and it'll make a cheap runabout.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Yeah has all the right bits on it and real tidy shell, 05 premier edition with 89k on it. Won it on a raffle so stands me extremely little and it'll make a cheap runabout.

Very good. I’m building another k20 turbo atm
Good going things when built/mapped correctly

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Engine I have is very healthy, is my mates engine from his ep3 that was AP mapped. Videos etc of it running and a test is welcome, he's unsure as to if had full rebuild but chain,guides and tensioner where OEM Honda replacements

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.