K4 GSX-R 600cc - Track Bike

Cunning

RMS Regular
I've been planning to buy a track bike for some time now and have spent countless hours pouring over them on Ebay/Facebook Market place etc. I have done a couple of track days in the past but nothing too serious, I race a bike engined car which is about as close as I have got to racing bikes but just couldn't sit on my hands any longer....

I wanted an older/reasonably priced 600cc that I would be prepared to drop/slide, which will inevitably happen. This little beauty appeared online during the week and I had it bought within 2 hours 😂 , I now have the painful wait for it to be delivered. I will keep the bike in Belgium as I'm within pissing distance of some great circuits. The plan is plenty of trackdays, hopefully some sunny Spanish ones this winter (@gav525 will be coming too on the track bike he is going to buy, he just doesn't know it yet).

Depending on how things go I'd love to eventually do a few Clubman races, Europe has so much to choose from in terms of Clubman racing which is great. Competing on a few roads at home has always been the dream, and maybe it will remain that way, but we'll see, baby steps!

Here it is, K4 GSX-R 600c

Spec:
- 108.9 bhp dyno
- Wets on Wheels with discs and new bearings
- Ohlins Rear Shock
- K-Tech revalved forks
- STM Slipper Clutch
- Full Titanium Arrow system with Carbon Can
- Power Commander 3 with Dynojet Quickshifter (custom map by powertech)
- Arrow Steering Damper
- -1 front/+2 rear renthal sprocket With DID chain
- SES Rearsets
- R1 Gold Spot Calipers with SBS race sintered pads
- Adelin RCS master cylinder
- HRC rear brake reservoir
- R&G crash protection
- Galfer Wavy Brake Discs
- Pirelli SC1 supercorsas
- Very Low Key/Inconspicuous paint job 👀

1560954216065.png

Last edited:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love it mate! Pressure on me now ffs, you don't hang around once you get an idea in your head 😂

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Plans sound class with the bike!

Ps I thought @gav525 already had a gsxr track bike?

I do mate, but it's an old SRAD and I want a newer injection bike. Plan is to get the SRAD on a few days out this year and maybe pick up a decent injection package at the end of the season.

Need to keep spending money to keep up with @Cunning ffs 😂

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
looks awesome.......... i picked up an old K2 750 in January... haven't had a chance to get it out yet... but hopefully will soon

Cunning

RMS Regular
OP
Cunning
After a painful wait I finally managed to christen the bike on Saturday at a circuit in Northern France. The circuit itself “Croix En Ternois” is a short tight little place, mostly 2nd/3rd gear. This was to be my second bike track day. I had been keeping a tight eye on the weather in the lead up and with rain forecast I was slowly becoming less keen…. A couple of days out it looked pretty certain to be wet so I grew a set, stuck the wets on and packed the van.

Hit the road at 5am for a wet drive down through a pretty depressing part of France arriving at a pretty glum looking circuit around 7.30 to sign on. Forecast was to rain until 11 and then dry up for the rest of the day. I cautiously hit a very wet track at around 10am for the first 20 minute session, a bit of a moment with the front end a few laps in woke me right up! Eased into it and worked on staying smooth aiming to progress gradually.

Three sessions out of the way before lunch and bike was feeling great, tight as a drum and doing exactly what I was asking of it (and begging for me to ask a bit more!). A heavy rain shower during the lunch break sent a lot of guys packing (they spent the morning sitting on tyre warmers waiting for the dry afternoon). After a couple of sessions the track started to dry up well, I remained on wets as water lying through some corners. First time on wet tyres and I was very impressed with how they worked!

6 x 20minute sessions and 100+ laps later, I packed the bike into the van feeling like I’d be beaten up but smiling like a Cheshire Cat! Fantastic first outing, 6 sessions, free photos, free coffee and technical support all for €95 which is the bargain of the century. The beer tasted good on Saturday night!!

Plan next is a two day event at Mettet at the beginning of October, then Zolder a couple of weeks later. After that I am hoping to Cartagena in December.

Absolutely nothing beats bikes!

To be continued

CF7F050F-72A8-4CCA-89B0-65C45513B5B1.jpg

2247EEFD-C5F6-4A27-BAEE-0E6D85D72EF9.jpg

Cunning3.jpeg

Cunning1.jpg

Cunning2.jpg

Last edited:

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Brilliant... I did a track day there ~15 years ago.. did one of those organised group rides from London.... great fun, spirited ride around some fab roads... and then track day. Would make an awesome kart track.

You planning on spa?

Cunning

RMS Regular
OP
Cunning
@gixermark

Perfect for karts! Yes mate Spa is absolutely on the agenda, aiming early/mid next year. The wee 600 will be out of breath round there!