Karcher K2, K3 or K4

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hey all,

My karcher k2 needs changed and I was wondering if updating it to a k3 or k3 is worth the extra money.

Its mainly used for washing the car, I would also use it to wash the paths down.

Cheers

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
I was speaking to a guy in consumable products, and he was saying the likes of K2 etc will be good for small jobs and if you dont mind taking a break every 15/20 minutes to let it cool.

With that, obviously as you move up the range the parts better withstand heat or have better cooling so you can use them longer, for things like paths.

(just what i was told and sounded like it made sense)

I looked inside my K3 to replace the capacitor and it was metal motor with a fan to cool it, i think some are maybe water cooled now?

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Great thread for someone who’s old Karcher packed in : unamused:

Was gonna go for the K2 but the only thing putting me off is the 4m hose. For the price though I don’t think I’d mind having to move it around lol

following.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Great thread for someone who’s old Karcher packed in : unamused:

Was gonna go for the K2 but the only thing putting me off is the 4m hose. For the price though I don’t think I’d mind having to move it around lol

following.

Those are my thoughts as well, but I was thinking the k3 or k4 may produce better quality snowfoam. If it did I would be happy to pay a bit extra over the k2, however I'm not sure it will make much difference.

You can get 8 or 10 meter hoses on Amazon for about £25, if it's just the house length you want buy the k2 and get one of these.

Craggus

RMS Regular
I have had a K4 for a couple of years now - cracking job and will run for hours if you are cleaning patio etc.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Just bought a K4 on the Karcher refurb site, still has a 12 month warranty and it was £60 cheaper than a new one.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
My k2 sometimes requires a kick to get going but otherwise has been 100% for what feels like a lifetime I’ve owned it. Only problem is I could piss with more pressure behind it.

brendy

RMS Regular
I have the k5, it is a great job I have to say, I started off looking at the K3, then K4 and whatsapp group guys mentioned k5 then I happened to see a K5 with kit reasonably priced on Amazon on Prime so went for it. The remote pressure settings are really handy for removing dirt or just rinsing with no chance of wrecking anything.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Tbh I’d stretch to one of those kranzle washers if you can, that’s my next one, saying that I’ve had a k4 for near 10 years that I’ve repaired for £55 once and it’s still going strong!

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Karcher Outlet is my preferred shopping location for all things Karcher, sort of stuck with them now after a lot of years gathering up foam lances and accessories.....currently have a K4 Home Edition that was reduced from £245 to £75 a couple of Xmas’ ago!

would love a Kranzle, but can’t justify the price tag at the moment, even the bigger Nilfisks can be expensive

Buy the Karcher, but don’t expect a lifetime of use!, as with most things, the more expensive the more longevity, and they are a great all round machine for car washing and the occasional patio etc

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Bought myself a K2 last month because my Nilfisk is on its last legs. My first karcher, I haven’t opened it yet as the Nilfisk is still clinging on but I’ll let you know how I get on with it 😂

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
My Nilfisk is on it’s way out. Think I’m going to upgrade to a Kranzle, anyone on here have one? If so, which model and what’s your thoughts / feedback?

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
K2 wont set the world alive. A 4 or 5 would be more the rod.
It’s only for the car, K2 is perfect as I’d rather not blow the paint clean off it lol
My Nilfisk is on it’s way out. Think I’m going to upgrade to a Kranzle, anyone on here have one? If so, which model and what’s your thoughts / feedback?
Another nilfisk leaver, I’ve started a trend 😂

wes

RMS Regular
My k2, o ring in hose went, was using it washing the car next minute hose blew off and stripped about 3 or 4 threads of the thing. Stupid plastic union. On it. Cut the stripped threads off and tried again lol stripped another 2 or 3 off ffs. Might get a k4 myself good price at screwfix. No stock in karcher outlet lol. Might buy 1 and repair the k2 and sell on

brendy

RMS Regular
Why spend more than you need to when the K2 does the job fine
If you have a driveway or decking or drains, itll come in very handy. I see it like spammer, the k2 is fixed and does one job, the slightly higher models are adjustable wrenches and can do many other jobs. Your money your choice but the price difference is so small I'd argue the better internal components, water cooling and expected lifespan makes it a better buy.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
If you have a driveway or decking or drains, itll come in very handy. I see it like spammer, the k2 is fixed and does one job, the slightly higher models are adjustable wrenches and can do many other jobs. Your money your choice but the price difference is so small I'd argue the better internal components, water cooling and expected lifespan makes it a better buy.
I cleaned the sisters brick driveway with my old decrepit nilfisk last week and it did the job so I’m sure the K2 would be more than up for it. It has an adjustable pressure thing on the Lance too

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
My K2, granted not used every week has done me well since I got it in 2007/2008.

I’d love a new one from the Karcher store but with the K2 working so well it’s hard to justify.