Karcher K2, K3 or K4

zafturbo

RMS Regular
The Ava warranty is going to be interesting going forward .I have a p80 and had my last one apart and seen the amount of parts inside it and it frightened me to think that I would have to ever strip it myself .I wouldn’t have a clue we’re to start .Think for the sake of a few pound I will just get the likes of craigmore or whoever is recommended to do the required service for me to keep the warranty..

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
The Ava warranty is going to be interesting going forward .I have a p80 and had my last one apart and seen the amount of parts inside it and it frightened me to think that I would have to ever strip it myself .I wouldn’t have a clue we’re to start .Think for the sake of a few pound I will just get the likes of craigmore or whoever is recommended to do the required service for me to keep the warranty..
I thought they were meant to be DIY serviceable?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
yeah will be for a basic service item but honestly Ava we’re 1st class with mine.couldn’t of asked anymore from them .

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
They honestly are.

This is the inside of an AVA machine.

Open up any other washer to you see how baffling they are

98EAC53F-2E04-4849-A25B-EC53AA1262EF.png

If you’re interested this has came from a video I sent back to AVA of a customers P60 that leaked oil after its first and only use.

Turned out it was a nipped o ring from factory.

A 45 minute job including me videoing it so I could sent it back to AVA

These machines aren’t infallible but when it comes to working on them if a numb nuts like me can strip and service them in <60 mins then there’s hope for anyone

Edit. Here’s the link if anyone wants to be bored listening to me ramble on for a few minutes

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
In fairness your last one was a master which is a bit more stripping it is essentially the same EVO underneath mate but is scarier looking!
And on that subject AVA have said they want people to try it themselves as long as it’s not an electrical fault

zafturbo

RMS Regular
In fairness your last one was a master which is a bit more stripping it is essentially the same EVO underneath mate but is scarier looking!

And on that subject AVA have said they want people to try it themselves as long as it’s not an electrical fault
The lad who looked at my last unit said to me that In his opinion the Ava was a way superior quality machine when taken apart than the karcher units .Everything was of a better heavier quality and that’s from a karcher dealer .You only have to lift an Ava washer to know it’s a quality item .
I find myself using the Ava at home more often than washing the trucks at the yard as it’s so handy and there is all the power you ever need to wash the trucks with it .Can’t speak highly enough about the p80 .

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Bought new in 2005 for about £30 & still trucking. Also have a Nilfisk at home that was bought new in 2013 for £50 that’s used weekly and again, still going strong. Drain them, protect them from frost and never let them run dry and they seem to last pretty well IME.

136FADA3-E55A-4171-A750-EF514CC2C087.jpeg

Andy55

RMS Regular
Where would I get a Lance/hose for a HD 5/12 C today closer to mid ulster?

I only have a spiral Lance but would like a wider one for a bit of driveway cleaning. Are there any other ones that are compatible the hose fittings on mine seem different to most on Screwfix etc. View attachment 393614
You might have already got sorted but I have the same machine and got a longer hose, new lance, short trigger and quick release fittings from Cleantec in Omagh.
Found them great to deal with.

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
You might have already got sorted but I have the same machine and got a longer hose, new lance, short trigger and quick release fittings from Cleantec in Omagh.
Found them great to deal with.
Cheers didn’t get sorted spent too many hours doing the mouth of the driveway with the spiral fitting lol. Will check them out!