Karcher K2, K3 or K4

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
I'm hoping the extra psi of the K4 over my current K2 produces thicker snowfoam, according to some videos I have watched it should produce better foam.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I'm hoping the extra psi of the K4 over my current K2 produces thicker snowfoam, according to some videos I have watched it should produce better foam.

I noticed some difference when I changed from a K2 to a K4 when snow foaming, my only complaint is the K4 has started pulsing all the time which is pretty noisy and annoying.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
I noticed some difference when I changed from a K2 to a K4 when snow foaming, my only complaint is the K4 has started pulsing all the time which is pretty noisy and annoying.

Is that due to the flow of water it is receiving? The further you go up the range the greater the flow rate is required.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Is that due to the flow of water it is receiving? The further you go up the range the greater the flow rate is required.
Simple mate, just a better machine! ive found it a very good pressure washer with only one blip in near 10 years!
my dad had a k2, it’s ok if you want to clean the dishes but anything else it a bit lacking in power.

hi Mel, it’s the cylinder and head thats probably cracked, the pulsing is it loosing pressure through the crack and re pressurising itself, if it not leaking Water yet you’ll get a bit longer out of it but when that starts it a strip and change, parts are about £60 id guess now, I got mine in the trade place In cars industrial est Portadown, it’s a fiddly job but easy for anyone good with their hands.

Last edited:

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
My Nilfisk is on it’s way out. Think I’m going to upgrade to a Kranzle, anyone on here have one? If so, which model and what’s your thoughts / feedback?

My dad bought one after having several karchers over the years. He thinks it’s brilliant, quite a bit of patio around their house and he says it’s saved him hours when doing it. Not sure on what model it was but was just over £500 at the time

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I have the k5, it is a great job I have to say, I started off looking at the K3, then K4 and whatsapp group guys mentioned k5 then I happened to see a K5 with kit reasonably priced on Amazon on Prime so went for it. The remote pressure settings are really handy for removing dirt or just rinsing with no chance of wrecking anything.

Do you need to buy the dirt blaster lance with the K5 or does the Vario lance have this? Went to buy a K4 and they’ve sold out

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Simple mate, just a better machine! ive found it a very good pressure washer with only one blip in near 10 years!
my dad had a k2, it’s ok if you want to clean the dishes but anything else it a bit lacking in power.

hi Mel, it’s the cylinder and head thats probably cracked, the pulsing is it loosing pressure through the crack and re pressurising itself, if it not leaking Water yet you’ll get a bit longer out of it but when that starts it a strip and change, parts are about £60 id guess now, I got mine in the trade place In cars industrial est Portadown, it’s a fiddly job but easy for anyone good with their hands.

I assumed it was something to do with a drop in water pressure as it only started to happen after I moved house, I think there is a repair place in Ards, must get it dropped off and checked when there's a hose pipe ban.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I assumed it was something to do with a drop in water pressure as it only started to happen after I moved house, I think there is a repair place in Ards, must get it dropped off and checked when there's a hose pipe ban.

that could be a point as in, if it can pressurise faster than the water can be supplied then that could cause pulsing too! Better get it checked at some point

Reactions: Mel

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
that could be a point as in, if it can pressurise faster than the water can be supplied then that could cause pulsing too! Better get it checked at some point

It's only a couple of years old but will drop it in sometime to get it checked, I'll bet the noise drives all my neighbours mad :joy:

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Anywhere got stock of a K2 at the moment? seems like everyone is buying them at the moment lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Anywhere got stock of a K2 at the moment? seems like everyone is buying them at the moment lol

Try the karcher outlet site, they only come as standard with 6 months warranty but you can upgrade to 12 months for about £12. I paid about £60 less for a k4 model.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T

Once my K4 arrives my K2 will no longer be required.

its not in brilliant condition, the handle is broken off and the hose has a few kinks in it, but it works fine.

You are welcome to it if you want it, it will at least keep you going until you can get a new one.

Obviously the only issue at the moment would be getting it.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives

its not in brilliant condition, the handle is broken off and the hose has a few kinks in it, but it works fine.

You are welcome to it if you want it, it will at least keep you going until you can get a new one.

nice gesture that!

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Consumable Products might be able 6o supply what you need. Local company and delivered a K2 to my door a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't get anything from the usual online places.

Oh and K2 is more than sufficient for washing the cars. For a big driveway or patio area I would probably consider one of the larger models

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC

That's a very kind offer! if i'm unable to get something sorted this week I may have to take you up on it!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
K5 Full Control Plus arrived today. Will get a play at the weekend

1A54FFC3-4305-488A-8CE2-F9DDEF1F0F93.jpeg
8B4931FD-4572-4F51-A269-4532911A67D8.jpeg

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Mind if I hijack this?

Any of you Karcher fans know about a Karcher 670M? (round shape, cord rolls up inside it like a vacuum cleaner)

A relative lent me one to use but it seems pretty weak on washing power so want to make sure I get something better. I just can't find the spec on it to compare to these K2,3,4,5 etc.
When I pull the trigger there is hardly any recoil from it, compared to other ones I've used at car washes and so on.
I'm not too bothered about car washing but would be mostly for deck, concrete, patio, etc. I don't want to spend all day doing a two inch strip at a time.
Thanks for any help.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Mind if I hijack this?

Any of you Karcher fans know about a Karcher 670M? (round shape, cord rolls up inside it like a vacuum cleaner)

A relative lent me one to use but it seems pretty weak on washing power so want to make sure I get something better. I just can't find the spec on it to compare to these K2,3,4,5 etc.
When I pull the trigger there is hardly any recoil from it, compared to other ones I've used at car washes and so on.
I'm not too bothered about car washing but would be mostly for deck, concrete, patio, etc. I don't want to spend all day doing a two inch strip at a time.
Thanks for any help.

I got my first Karcher (K4) after growing up using honda petrol power washers and I was impressed with how it performed. obviously not as good as the Honda but impressive for an electric. The only other electric i had used though was a VAX from the missus' dad which took all day to do anything.