Karcher K2, K3 or K4

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
That thing looks like a computer and washer combined. Unreal

It’s got some fancy stuff in the handle for varying the pressure and adding detergent 👍🏻 I like that it only needs one lance and there’s a hose reel that actually works! Found a Karcher bayonet for my snow foam lance so swapped it last night. Now have 3 spare brass Nilfisk bayonets.
Don’t need to wash the car at the weekend but the patio needs doing so will see how it performs. Really need to do the front properly after we had the brickwork repointed but was holding off as we’d a plasterer lined up to do a render plinth around the bottom 5-7 courses but Covid has put an end to that.

garyo

RMS Regular
Any of you Karcher fans know about a Karcher 670M? (round shape, cord rolls up inside it like a vacuum cleaner)
Funny you mention that, I got an old 620M off my da a few years ago, he had it for ages and it was a great machine but he upgraded it when it starting giving grief so I took it. Replaced a couple of cheap parts and got another while out of it, then @Dan.86 was giving one away on here that I took as a donor and got another couple of years out of it. It finally packed in a while back and after swapping a few more parts between the two a couple of weeks ago I've consigned both to the skip, so in the market for something myself.

I'd have assumed the 670 was the next step up so if it isn't performing it's likely something's not right, but I'd imagine it's well up the years by this stage?

Potential sacrilege in a Karcher thread, but I mentioned in the Lidl thread that they're due to have both the petrol one and a 170bar electric one in tomorrow, so hoping to pick up an electric one for £80. Been holding off on a shop run to time it with tomorrow morn so fingers crossed their deliveries come through as planned and hopefully it's sufficient for the car washing and general household stuff I'd be using it for.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
K4 arrived today, got out this evening to use it. Definitely a step up from the K2.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I've a k4 and before the outbreak was looking to change for something with more pressure was looking at refurb k5 and upwards my k4 doesn't seem to do much on full power I can put my hand over the end of the lance and it's nothing brutal. I've to rig an flow valve up to help the pressure issue so hoping that does something.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
I've a k4 and before the outbreak was looking to change for something with more pressure was looking at refurb k5 and upwards my k4 doesn't seem to do much on full power I can put my hand over the end of the lance and it's nothing brutal. I've to rig an flow valve up to help the pressure issue so hoping that does something.

I changed to one of the quick release kits, even on my K2 there was decent pressure from it, you certainly wouldn't put your hand over it with the highest pressure attachment.

I would only have average water pressure at my house, so I wouldn't expect massive difference in moving up above the K4

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Once my K4 arrives my K2 will no longer be required.

its not in brilliant condition, the handle is broken off and the hose has a few kinks in it, but it works fine.

You are welcome to it if you want it, it will at least keep you going until you can get a new one.

Obviously the only issue at the moment would be getting it.

Let me know what you'd like from the off-licence for this (obviously no Corona :p )

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
@Chris100 You think the quick kit helped with all? I'm hoping the flow valve drum will stop it hunting for water and solve my pressure issue.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Let me know what you'd like from the off-licence for this (obviously no Corona :p )

Honestly there is no need, but if you feel compelled :laughing: Bud Light (in bottles) would be my go to.
@Chris100 You think the quick kit helped with all? I'm hoping the flow valve drum will stop it hunting for water and solve my pressure issue.

TBH I didn't have issues were appeared not to be getting enough water, the quick release kit is very different in that it doesn't have the lance setup that the Karcher comes with.

I definitely prefer it to how it actually comes from Karcher.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
So my K5 Full Control Plus is boxed up waiting for collection by Karcher. The LCD screen was stuck on mix on the trigger gun so couldn’t change the pressure. Karcher sent me a replacement trigger gun and lance but it was the wrong one. Logged a support ticket and they said I need to log a ticket against the K5 as the fault is a sensor within the unit and the whole lot needs replaced. At least they’re sorting it but it’s taken a couple of weeks to get this far and it could easily have been rotes with a five minute call. Will probably be another 2 weeks before the new one arrives 😩

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So, my old K2 is losing pressure (churns for ages on start up before shut off, also is nowhere near as strong as it used to be). I suspect cracked pump housing. Is it worth getting refurbished? Or are there any deals on karchers at the moment?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
This anygood to anyone?
The Power washer is probably fit for just parts I'm not sure as I haven't taken it apart. I think a connection has came loose inside as it sprays out water from somewhere inside.
Not sure much its worth, say £25?
IMG-20200719-WA0000.jpeg

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
So, my old K2 is losing pressure (churns for ages on start up before shut off, also is nowhere near as strong as it used to be). I suspect cracked pump housing. Is it worth getting refurbished? Or are there any deals on karchers at the moment?

Definitely worth going for the K4 over the K2, done this myself recently and I can really see the difference.

Have a look on karcher outlet, I saved myself about £50 over a new one and it still has the same warranty.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
I have a K4 full control. It is the second unit though, first one cracked inside. Most likely the pump. Replaced with no issues through Homebase. I know the guys in Cosumable Products, they recommend going to the K5 if you can as it's a metal pump. And yea, the short hose is a pain in the hole. Otherwise, it's a good washer.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent longer hose that won’t break the bank, I do find the short hose annoying and would like to replace it.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
@Cleantec

Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent longer hose that won’t break the bank, I do find the short hose annoying and would like to replace it.
I got a 30m hose for about £65 Delivered

Proper industrial rubber- much better than the standard hose

Coupled with a trigger gun (has a swivel attachment too) is perfect

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
This anygood to anyone?
The Power washer is probably fit for just parts I'm not sure as I haven't taken it apart. I think a connection has came loose inside as it sprays out water from somewhere inside.
Not sure much its worth, say £25?
View attachment 288019

May have over inflated the price 😂

I will accept beer tokens in the form of Toblerone and Cadbury giant buttons to get this thing outa my shed

Deleted member 13907

D
So my K5 Full Control Plus is boxed up waiting for collection by Karcher. The LCD screen was stuck on mix on the trigger gun so couldn’t change the pressure. Karcher sent me a replacement trigger gun and lance but it was the wrong one. Logged a support ticket and they said I need to log a ticket against the K5 as the fault is a sensor within the unit and the whole lot needs replaced. At least they’re sorting it but it’s taken a couple of weeks to get this far and it could easily have been rotes with a five minute call. Will probably be another 2 weeks before the new one arrives 😩
Probably too late for you now, but could you not have just taken it to the Karcher Centre on Boucher Road? My brother worked in there until recently and his job was basically servicing and repairing, so they certainly have the facility for doing that sort of work 'in-house.'
I managed to buy a K7 off them for an absolute steal - I think it may have been essentially built up from spare parts, but I've had it a couple of years now and it hasn't missed a beat. Overkill for washing the car, but great for doing the brick pacing around the house.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Probably too late for you now, but could you not have just taken it to the Karcher Centre on Boucher Road? My brother worked in there until recently and his job was basically servicing and repairing, so they certainly have the facility for doing that sort of work 'in-house.'
I managed to buy a K7 off them for an absolute steal - I think it may have been essentially built up from spare parts, but I've had it a couple of years now and it hasn't missed a beat. Overkill for washing the car, but great for doing the brick pacing around the house.
Not sure if you can do that if it was bought from the Karcher outlet.
They’ve received my old one and have arranged for a replacement to be sent out. Likely be here early next week. Save me washing the cars this weekend 😜