Karcher K4 not turning off at switch

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I have a Karcher K4 which has just started staying on constantly (pump sound constant) and it doesn't matter if I turn off at the switch on the unit itself, I have to turn the machine off at the wall each time for it to stop making noise.

The trigger works fine and and cuts off water supply as normal and there is no leaks, just seems to be the pump constantly running regardless. Any ideas, as i can't find much obvious on a general googleization..

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Happened to our last karcher and it was a crack in the actual casing.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
OP
DaddyCC
Drives
VW CC
Casing of the switch or pump or what sorry @Dan.86

Did you have it fixed or not worth it in cost?

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Oh sorry, I reread that and in my case it was the pump casing but yours sounds electrical so my point is probably redundant 🤦🏼‍♂️

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
With K4 you can normally take them apart quite easily.
Not sure if the K4 uses a Reed switch but I’d be betting it’s only that.

if not there are always the new AVA machines 😂

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
OP
DaddyCC
Drives
VW CC
Ok well panic over. Went out to have a better look and maybe pull it apart but as there was a hose starring to split (sleeve frayed but tube intact) I swapped it out for a spare I have due to waiting on this original popping some day. So did that and connected up the mains water etc, ran water through it for a minute, powered up the machine and it is now playing ball switching off at unit and as normal when firing the trigger 🤔🤪🤓💩

Weird one. Maybe the hose or maybe pot luck but it's not due to being unplugged for a while as it's been this way a couple of times. Sorry @Big Pimp, no AVA sales today 🤣

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Mine is the opposite. Oddly, my K4 FC won't turn on unless I remove it from its casing. Must be some kinda wiring issue I imagine.