Kawasaki AR50

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Got a Kawasaki AR50 here as a wee project to tinker with over the next while but need few bit's and pieces...proper indicators, airbox, maybe a fuel tank if someone has a decent one and couple of other wee odds and ends. Anyone any spares or have any of these lying around? Cheers

Attachments

• 20170305_163402.jpg
    20170305_163402.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 741
  • 20170305_163419.jpg
    20170305_163419.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 351

Dave..

RMS Regular
Got a Kawasaki AR50 here as a wee project to tinker with over the next while but need few bit's and pieces...proper indicators, airbox, maybe a fuel tank if someone has a decent one and couple of other wee odds and ends. Anyone any spares or have any of these lying around? Cheers
I was offered one of these a few weeks ago, if I can find the details I will pm you.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I had 3 of these back 14 years ago. Mine had the same graphics as yours only the bike was black with red wheels. I'd love another, if you ever fancy selling it drop me a PM. I've still the 97cc big bore kit, AR80 head, Micron pipe, a bag full of sprockets and a couple of carbs, I'd love to build another screamer.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
Would you sell them bits you have @Simon998 ? I had and still have the one I had when I was 16. Had a big bore kit, bottom end and pipe etc on it. Wee thing flew for all the size off it lol.

Attachments

• 20131013_155420.jpg
    20131013_155420.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 448

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I think I'd regret selling any of it tbh. I really regret selling the bike as it is. Sold it for £500 and it ended up being used as a field bike then scrapped, I was gutted.

I'd the handlebars dropped, mudguards cut, made a tail tidy, stripped off all the unnessessary weight (Including side panels lol). Was clocked racing a RS125 one night at 87mph (his speedo reading) whilst I was lying on the tank with my legs out the back. The bike made it another mile down the road then siezed and sent me down the carrageway on my arse in my school uniform. That was a sore one.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
I know they'e hard enough to come by now. I'd never sell the one I had from when I was 16. I could be talked into selling the red one though maybe. Needs bit off work as it' been lying for 10 plus years but it's all there and it's original apart from exhaust and indicators.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I've a mk1 RD125LC there to build once I get my garage sorted out so I'm in no real rush for another project but if you do decide to sell drop me a PM and I'll see how the cashflow is.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
Was going to tidy her up and MOT it etc but I'd sell her as she sits if you were interested. Sure fire me a PM if you're in the notion for another project. Cheers

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
Few of my mates had these when we were starting out. Everyone was jealous of them. They were like the Cagiva Mito 125 / Aprillia RS125 / Honda NSR125R of the 50cc world.

Highly tunable, very fast considering, and sounded great.

Great little project. Mine was a Suzuki TS50X which went through 3 70cc barrel kits in as many months so i gave up in the end.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
Wee thread resurrection. Getting at the AR again over Xmas holidays here if anyone has any bikes/bits.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I've started collecting bits for one myself lol. Raging I missed out on two frames and a swingarm for £99 on ebay last week

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
I've started collecting bits for one myself lol. Raging I missed out on two frames and a swingarm for £99 on ebay last week
Bits for them seem to be getting harder to get. Good luck getting wheels lol. You going to get a frame then gather bits up to build a bike?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Bits for them seem to be getting harder to get. Good luck getting wheels lol. You going to get a frame then gather bits up to build a bike?
I've 3 rear wheels here, hoping to swap one or two for a front with someone on the AROC facebook page once I get a frame gathered up. I got an engine and 93cc barrel/carb the other week and have a few other bits and bobs kicking around the shed. I've finished building the RD so need something else to futter with.