Ken Block's Gymkhana Nine: Raw Industrial Playground

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: Ken Block returns, and with more sequels than Fast and the Furious, here’s more of the same, this time in a high horsepower Focus ‘RSX’ Rally Car. And a train.

Nine films on and it seems we, the internet can’t get enough of rallying’s biggest entertainer and his awesome machinery. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Am i the only one finds these a bit long in the tooth now?? All credit to him, they still look amazing but 8 mins is a tough watch now i think.

I could watch them all day to be honest, but I found this one a bit less exciting than previous ones. Nothing really new.

vibe_kid

RMS Regular
Drives
Deng Deng Deng
I could watch them all day to be honest, but I found this one a bit less exciting than previous ones. Nothing really new.

Maybe if he binned it spectacularly once..... just once!!! Or even added some element of danger or something new! Still... a better 8 mins than say actually doing some work!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Its when you see the amount of tyre marks on the road you realise how many times he's attempted the manoeuvre before the "take" that we see.

johnm

RMS Regular
near off the side of the harbour, and that train bit was pretty close. That thing couldnt have stopped quickly had something gone pete tong.

conan

RMS Regular
Drives
MKIV Supra
They have been pretty much the same recently with the same signature moves but then how would you improve them? I'd love to see a James Bond barrel roll or a loop thrown in just to mix it up a bit.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
2 minutes was enough for me. I would rather watch ari vatinen going up pikes peak in the 405 t16 or Walter rohl dancing a s1 quattro through real stages flat out. No doubt your man can drive but he wasn't much use against loeb (y)
Its when you see the amount of tyre marks on the road you realise how many times he's attempted the manoeuvre before the "take" that we see.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
More of the same? Yes.

Could other people in the world do the same? If course.

Does it matter? No :grinning:

Still good entertainment. On number nine now and still popular, so obviously doing something right, lol.

The production value makes them for me, and the cars. Though the Hoonigan car will be hard to beat. :cool:

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Still like the first couple he did the best, great skill and still entertaining, I wonder how many front bumpers he goes through filming that :rolleyes:.

As for the loeb video, great driving, seems to be advertising fibre internet, might just be me but if you had to wait for loeb to do all that before getting your video to stream I'd be getting pissed off with my internet speed :p

KevM

RMS Regular
He wont ever top Gymkhana 1 for me. Not in a Ford anyway.... :p
It was less flashy lights and helicopters & more about the car and the driving & the sound. Whats not to love about the flat 4 burble of an '06 Impreza

Plus, chances are, any of us could almost drive like that, in a car like that, in an area like that, with a budget like that!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.