Keys locked in car

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Any numbers to ring ASAP as my car has locked with the keys in the ignition .Belfast area .

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
What car ? often gently prying the top of the door is the most practical, or smashing a small window if available. ( assuming you can't get spare keys )

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Do you have a spare and is anyone home? I can go lift it and get to you if you’re stuck mate
Had spare key in my pocket today to get new battery and so I wouldn’t loose it I put it onto keying ,forgot to leave it back into the house .I’m sorted and left bmw ,last bloody time I’m stopping there lol.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
What car ? often gently prying the top of the door is the most practical, or smashing a small window if available. ( assuming you can't get spare keys )
A window very nearly got it even before I asked anyone for a number as I was mighty mighty pissed .only for the fact a wee dog was inside it would of happened .would of made some mess though .

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just out of curiosity, how did you lock the keys in the car?

But yes, opening modern cars... Most of the newer ones can be opened remotely from a call centre in India or whatever, lol. Apps and remote start, the list goes on... You just know any fifteen year old hoodie will be away in it in a blink of an eye :joy: :innocent:🙈

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Good result.

Although he doesn't do car locks so much...this guy is pretty amazing at most other locks. Just shows what the right knowledge/skills can do in terms of locks. Mechanical ones anyway.
Electronic stuff is a whole other ballgame. Although I guess if the keys are in the car, some of those guys stealing cars with the gear to clone the fob from a distance would work in a keys in car scenario ?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Just out of curiosity, how did you lock the keys in the car?

But yes, opening modern cars... Most of the newer ones can be opened remotely from a call centre in India or whatever, lol. Apps and remote start, the list goes on... You just know any fifteen year old hoodie will be away in it in a blink of an eye :joy: :innocent:🙈
I left keys in the ignition and closed door like I have done loads of times .10 seconds later the dreaded central locking click and then the
“Oh sh1t” moment when u realise what you have done .

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Glad you got sorted. Reminds me of standing at the fuel pumps looking at those misfueling ads and thinking. It’s only a matter of time you idiot. Some day. And if my doggie was in the car I’d feel the same too - just want in.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
This thread reminds me last week a dog was dancing on the centre console of a car. The indicators were going nuts and I could hear the clunk clunk clunk of the central locking 🤣

MarkM

RMS Regular
Had spare key in my pocket today to get new battery and so I wouldn’t loose it I put it onto keying ,forgot to leave it back into the house .I’m sorted and left bmw ,last bloody time I’m stopping there lol.

Can unlock mine from the app, just sayin’ maybe you should go back there :joy:
BE5F4714-9A7F-42B5-8ADD-255E6E2C35CB.jpeg