Kia EV6 on Northern Irish Roads

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
See the blog feature on this - We've spent several days in Kia's all electric EV6, and its clear pretty quickly that the South Korean manufacturer (and sister company of Hyundai) has pulled an absolute blinder.

Not only is the EV6 a superb family hatchback, using all the advantages of an electric platform being to its utmost, but it also comes at a time where traditional brands are struggling to bring great EVs to market Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Jecks

RMS Regular
Expected to love this and then saw it in the flesh and thought meh. I'm sure it drives well , having done 15k in an ev over the past year I do love an ev. Definitely need more choice out there though think It will be 4-5 years before there is a decent wide range of fully electric cars out there at decent prices.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Interior really nice and it seemed a decent enough ride when I drove one but it's just too slow to pay 50k for a Kia IMHO. It feels like a normal petrol hatch performance wise which ain't a compliment. Another 8 grand gets you another 350odd horsepower but less range in a better looking package. That's where I'd be at.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
In fairness the one to buy is the base 'Air' at £44k (was 40k prior to June price increases), which at £4k cheaper than a Model 3 and a more practical platform is the way to go.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
We really wanted to get one of these too and we were excited to go and get a look/drive in one for when the etron goes back but in the metal it just didn’t do it for us, also the staff in Kia couldn’t be arsed to come over and ask if we were interested. Needless to say we have a Q4 sportback S line on order for about the same money and Audi couldn’t have been more accommodating.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
The chap in Charles Hurst Kia could not have been more dead on...i just didn't love it enough for the dough with what was available and didn't have the swingers to order the 60k GT given that nobody in the UK has a retail one as far as I know.
I ended up going etron GT but am now getting buyers remorse and may downgrade to a model Y LR for the wife instead.