Kilbroney 2018

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Weather looking good lads.

What’s the best advice for coming in early, I’ll be leaving from Ballymoney?

Every year I’ve been stuck in major trafffic after rostrevor on the coast road.

A forum member advised me a better way last year (can’t remember who) but I didn’t go at last second after I woke up to torrential rain.

@Bryan I think maybe advised me?

Come in from Kilkeel side 100%

design1

RMS Regular
Over mountain to rathfriland into hiltown and drop down that way .far better far less traffic .

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Was probably me that said that last year. Best bet is to head for Rathfriland, Hilltown, then Rostrevor, brings you in from the opposite side so less queuing. Still be early though!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Bit of a trek to do that though, but the quietest route.

I remember it took nearly two hours to get from the correct side of Warrenpoint!

It is a trek definitely, depends where you’re coming from and how much you hate traffic (or if your car doesn’t like sitting)

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Over mountain to rathfriland into hiltown and drop down that way .far better far less traffic .
2 years ago I went that way and it took just as long as there was a policewoman directing traffic. Last year there was no one directing traffic and there wasn't a single car stuck from the Hilltown side.

bmck8

RMS Regular
Was probably me that said that last year. Best bet is to head for Rathfriland, Hilltown, then Rostrevor, brings you in from the opposite side so less queuing. Still be early though!

What's a good time to arrive for spectating?

Bryan

RMS Regular
2 years ago I went that way and it took just as long as there was a policewoman directing traffic. Last year there was no one directing traffic and there wasn't a single car stuck from the Hilltown side.

Same here - priority was given to Warrenpoint direction so it took hours to get down the hill.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
met office

Michael fish tried that too 😂
3A9F4B39-E4F9-439C-830C-887F6B1DC2AE.png
565E889D-4966-4628-9ADD-86164030E88C.png

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution

so belfast, rathfriland and then hilltown, then simply follow signs for rostrevor?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It's going to be fun after all that rain last night! Don't think it's stopped from 11!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Not that I could go this year but honestly the weather in this country would literally do your head in 🤦‍♂️😭
You can plan for nothing and do nothing half the time.

Really feel for the organisers of this as they will no doubt have worked really hard for a year on it earning nothing and then for this to happen 😔

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nightmare but the right thing to do. Is that it cancelled altogether or will there be a reschedule?

They've been pretty lucky for the past few years with the weather. I think last year was wet in the morning but was good in the afternoon.

Bryan

RMS Regular
This is the first year they have charged for pre entries so everyone has already paid to go to the show for nothing now. The pressure will be on to reschedule it but who knows. It's a big under taking.

Right decision though the place would just turn into a muck heap. Time to put everything back in the shed to dry out!

Attachments

• 20190614_164415.jpg
    20190614_164415.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 208