Kilbroney 2018

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
This is the first year they have charged for pre entries so everyone has already paid to go to the show for nothing now. The pressure will be on to reschedule it but who knows. It's a big under taking.

Right decision though the place would just turn into a muck heap. Time to put everything back in the shed to dry out!

That looks just awesome!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
BD68E30A-BB58-4AB6-BDDE-1F80972B344D.jpeg

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I hope they do reschedule as I thought I was missing out today with being stuck in work all day.

Definitely the right decision to make though as it would just turn into a mud pit with all the cars and people.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Gutted - this year I actually had the foresight to book the day off work so I wouldn't miss it!

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Not surprising really. Been bucketing most of the night here. Would have been a disaster of a show for anyone that actually bothered to turn up. Just been a crap month or so of weather.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
i spent about 3 hours loading the van in an organised way so setting up would have been easy, and stock was all at hand.

had it washed and cleaned last night.

went to bed about midnight and it was chucking it down then.

alarm went off at half 5 and it was still teaming.

about to wake up pimp jr at half 6 and thankfully seen the message from @amg306 that it was cancelled.

ah well - there's always next time!

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
Has it ever been cancelled before? I hope its rescheduled.
Either that or rescheduled. Kilbroney used to be run by the AOVC but I think they got fed up with the place being water-logged some years and moved the annual show to Ballymena Showgrounds c. 2010/11. I think it only ran up there for about two years and was then abandoned, possibly because Newry & Mourne council jumped in and kept running the Kilbroney show, unaffiliated with the AOVC.

I was at the Kilbroney show in 2005, when it was run in early September, maybe more like an end of season thing for the clubs and I seem to remember them shifting the date to June some years later due to weather playing up.

Last edited:

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Had the wife and wee one ready for a day out so we ploughed on to Carlingford for lunch and then Kilbroney after for a walk...
Great afternoon in the end up, chilled for a good while in Synge and Byrne which wasn’t there last time I was up...
Only a nice Gtv in the car park to stare at though! Lol
710873D9-2639-4D28-879E-7E4E631708F3.jpeg

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Everyone seems to be getting their knickers in a twist over the fiver. From helping organise the Dromara show (which is on a much smaller scale than Kilbroney), I know that calling off the show was the last thing they wanted to do, it done nobody any favours.
Moving dates is not just as simple as picking a new date and going for that, so much needs planned beforehand. The volunteers still have given up their whole day at the show on Saturday to make sure the place wasnt swamped by people turning up regardless, getting them to dedicate another day will be difficult when they have already done so. That's only one small problem, so I can see why it isn't happening.

I also think that whoever entered this year will automatically get an entry for next year anyway, so nothing really lost in the long run.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I also had 4 cars entered, and like yourself it was missing the show was a bigger disappointment than the money end of things.

Had also read posts about moving it to an indoor location, which to me is not feasible. The location is one of the reasons why the show is so good, so to move it is taking away the main element of its success.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Honestly some times this place depresses the life out of me. If the crap weather wasn't bad enough, people are then giving off about losing a fiver. If they're really that hard up maybe they could chop the classic car in for a bus pass and do us all a favour.