Kilbroney 2018

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Honestly some times this place depresses the life out of me. If the crap weather wasn't bad enough, people are then giving off about losing a fiver. If they're really that hard up maybe they could chop the classic car in for a bus pass and do us all a favour.

Some of the comments on Facebook were laughable - people talking as if its the easiest thing in the world to reorganise, and as if the organisers control the rains!

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
**NEWSFLASH**

Further details to follow

A date has been set to run the show on Saturday the 28th of September this year. Existing entry numbers etc will be valid for that date. Please remember this is an information page only - all enquiries to be made via the contact details on our website.

Just read on FB (y)

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Details from the show's website

Attachments

• chrome_2019-09-02_09-36-41.png
    chrome_2019-09-02_09-36-41.png
    653.5 KB · Views: 381

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Weather not looking great this week, i wouldnt be overly surprised if its cancelled again :rolleyes:

One of the best shows of the year imo. We camped there in June for the show and got washed away lol

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
If the weather dries up a bit towards the end of the week, the hill in Kilbroney shouldn’t be too bad. The lower areas where the club stands and tractors sit will be a different matter.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
great show too such a shame its such weather depending! tbf im one of those fair weather show people in that if I get up and its soaking I will probably stay in my bed

Bryan

RMS Regular
It's bound to be called off with the amount of rain there has been over the past few days. My back garden is like a swap nevermind a massive field. I'm just not in the mood for going anyway - had an altercation with the MOT centre last night in the Ford Explorer and the guy was a right tool and failed it on stupid things. He openly admitted he was going to fail it as soon as it came through the door.

I also see on Facebook they are making "all traffic" enter the grounds from the shore road this year. That will be a nightmare - having both the classic cars and normal cars going in and out of the one gate.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Apparently its going ahead regardless of the weather, id say the field will be a mess down the bottom

Yeah all traffic through the one gate to avoid messing the field up, that will be a handling. I would still like to go but its looking less and less likely that il bother 🌧🌧

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
The weather here would depress anyone :-( I remember the argory show this year, pissed it down and went anyway as it’s close to me, about 6 cars there! Had a coffee and went home, been to not one show this year and kilbroney looks like another non starter now due to the weather, people might still go but you can be near positive that there won’t be many cars there and tbh I can’t blame anyone who has one entered in the show, having a pristine old car and driving it miles through the pissing rain only to end up attempting some sort of off road driving experience when they get there and then trying to somehow clean it up to make it look decent!

Reactions: Lee

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aye I'm all SORN'd up and really can't be bothered spending the day trying to recover a bogged XJ6, so I'm out. Unfortunately. Bloody weather!

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
i think the rainfall will have caused issues with the field and thats the concerning bit for me. yeah it could be OK getting in (using the path up through the park) but parking and getting out again may be the issue and with RWD and sports tyres on the NSX I don't think this will be a goer for me. I amy still try to attend the event to support the organisers as they put on a great show