Kilbroney 2018

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
i think the rainfall will have caused issues with the field and thats the concerning bit for me. yeah it could be OK getting in (using the path up through the park) but parking and getting out again may be the issue and with RWD and sports tyres on the NSX I don't think this will be a goer for me. I amy still try to attend the event to support the organisers as they put on a great show

I'll have the RR and a tow rope ye big girl's blouse.

I jest, can't see a great turn out honestly. I'd have thought most classic owners would have their cars wrapped up for winter already. Will stick take a run over if it's not lashing.

Lee

RMS Regular
The weather here is such a PITA. Last year it was brilliant with a good turn out of cars.

In other countries you can plan stuff and be pretty sure it will all be hunky dory!

DJMCA

RMS Regular
They have been super unlucky with the weather given that last week was lovely...typical!!

Mine would usually be SORNed this week and put away for Winter, the only reason im not is because ive done no shows and very little miles so im hoping for a few nice days to get a run out before i put it away. Kilbroney is near a 3 hour round trip for us so not exactly handy, dont fancy the idea of spending a week cleaning the car afterwards lol

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Was going to say, the weather last Saturday was great! Shame!

I'm working in the morning, but if its dry enough I'll head down! Be heading to the legenderry show on Sunday also!

Ghisallo

RMS Regular

Not looking great, almost the same as the last time around,

kilb.JPG

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Gutted the weather is bad again, been getting my golf cabrio somewhat presentable the past few days for it.

Last edited:

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Id say thon we coffee shop at the top of the hill will be rightly packed if it does go ahead!

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Had the Merc entered but headed to Donegal with the Mrs instead...
The weather tipped me over the edge but the queues were ridiculous last time I went, one entrance open on the way in sounds like a disaster!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I can't see it going ahead to be honest, but have Corsa sitting ready to go anyway, not as if it's that far for me anyway. Will walk home if car gets stuck!!!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm still in two minds what to do. I haven't got anything cleaned and it's a mission to get them both cleaned and polished plus I don't think there is enough time tonight to get them done before it gets dark now either. They're 4wd so the muck doesn't really matter lol

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Such a shame, but that's the weather, nothing we can do other than move it indoors... Won't be going myself, it'll be a muddy mess

design1

RMS Regular
Was lookong forward to this but looking at the rain now outside il not be there.maybe next year all being well

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm heading down later will probably be down that direction from about 11.30 or so. A friend of mine is already there and says the turnout is pretty good with a steady stream coming in the gates.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
A lot of classic vehicles away through Ballynahinch there when I was in the town. It seems like the weather hasn’t put everyone off anyway...

design1

RMS Regular
My mates up there today with his mr2 he said its a brilliant day .wish now id have went .

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
We had a great day and no traffic to contend with in the way. Fair play to the organisers making it work despite the recent weather

Bryan

RMS Regular
There were some real nice motors there that I've never seen before. Really glad I went. I counted at least 4 MK3 Cortinas and you rarely see one at any show.