Kilbroney 2018

Bryan

RMS Regular
Does anyone know if you can go down the night before in the camper and stay over? I've seen some campers down the left hand side of the field which obviously stayed there but I don't know how or who they talked to to get doing that.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Hope it dries up for a we days prior... can quickly become a swamp

the vintage tractor guys love that getting to pull cars out

a few years ago i took my supercharged red topped viva ha and it was like a swamp they offered to tow me out i laughed as i had a welded diff in her at the time

boy did i go threw that field sideways few beardy types give me some funny looks ( also i should point out this was on the exit field not the main arena )

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
id say yes see newer stuff in it regulary might be odd about it but new focus rs ect be there it is a special car too ,might be on the outer line not in the middle of classic heavy section ect

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
thanks guys, just checked the site and not eligible, Oh well, have to wait until next year and get the 500 sorted.
That seems ridiculous when there is always a display of modern MX-5's including Mk.2's / Mk.2.5's / and Mk.3's. Obviously allowed as they are part of a club. Also the Rover club has Y2K cars there and there'll always be the odd random convertible BMW or Benz that someone who's probably mates with the organisers has brought along. You could try contacting the local American clubs to see if they will have a presence there and maybe you could quickly join. I think there's a northern one too but there is the Midland American Auto Club who have an annual show in Westmeath. Also one of the guys from the Ulster Kit Car Club owns a first generation Camaro SS so they might be helpful too as the odd kit car turns up at Kilbroney.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Whack it down as 1999 and turn up... They’ll not turn you away I wouldn’t think

The time I had the black Ferrari I phoned and they said come along, I told them a mate wanted to come in his Testarossa and the guy was all on. We got there, the marshal at the gate said we weren’t getting in and just because we were rich didn’t mean we could just turn up and do what we wanted. It came very close to the guy getting chinned until a Policeman who turned out had been listening to the whole thing told the marshal that if one of us floored him because of his poor attitude he wouldn’t have seen anything. Thankfully my Missus found the right person who sorted things.

Bryan

RMS Regular
thanks guys, just checked the site and not eligible, Oh well, have to wait until next year and get the 500 sorted.

I would be very surprised if they turn anything away on the day.

EDIT: Just seen above - that's bad craic.

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I've never known them to turn anything away either but there you go! There was even a beat up looking 306 D turbo a few years back too. (Granted it had a twin turbo conversion, but the Marshall at the gate wouldn't have seen that!)

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6

I don't think that's the case normally. I had my 8 series in and it was only 18 or 19.

I emailed them first though.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
When I saw the online system this year I immediately thought it was to clamp down on younger cars.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Heading up to this myself. Random one, but if anyone is taking any drone footage, would they mind me using some of it for a quick video of the day. Looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather holds up.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Bring a tow rope too - you can recover everyone that gets stuck on the wet grass lol 😂

I've a pass there for the XJ but too much on this weekend unfortunately so not likely to make it.

111D1C16-064B-41FA-B8F6-A051E9780918.jpeg

Tow anything you put behind it :joy::joy:

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
Weather looking good lads.

What’s the best advice for coming in early, I’ll be leaving from Ballymoney?

Every year I’ve been stuck in major trafffic after rostrevor on the coast road.

A forum member advised me a better way last year (can’t remember who) but I didn’t go at last second after I woke up to torrential rain.

@Bryan I think maybe advised me?