Kilbroney Vintage Car Show 2015 Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

heavyoilhenry

RMS Regular
Drives
GTTDi-Rascal TLr
@Coog
SAM_0437_zpsepibu44m.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Cracking show and heaving! Had to leave about 3 and the traffic getting out was murder, plus the wee one decided to fill her nappy with sheoite on the way out the car park so wife had to do a moving nappy change, apart from that had a craicing day and came back over the mountain road from kilkeel which was dead bar from a few caterham type wagons, don't think the dog likes me anymore as he was getting thrown about in the back of the S6.

Passed @mcmullet-vtec in the S70 amg on the A1 on the way back, some presence on that thing.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Cracking show and heaving! Had to leave about 3 and the traffic getting out was murder, plus the wee one decided to fill her nappy with sheoite on the way out the car park so wife had to do a moving nappy change, apart from that had a craicing day and came back over the mountain road from kilkeel which was dead bar from a few caterham type wagons, don't think the dog likes me anymore as he was getting thrown about in the back of the S6.

Silver s6? r7*** reg?
If so then you overtook me on the way there.. :grinning: White golf clipper cabriolet

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Silver s6? r7*** reg?
If so then you overtook me on the way there.. :grinning: White golf clipper cabriolet

I was just in front of him in the Shogun, if I'd of known it was a fellow RMSer I would've acknowledged you.
Think we need 'RMS Member on Board' stickers made up lol

Had a brilliant day though and could of spent a lot longer if I didn't have to come home and drink. I'm amazed at the amount of immaculate classics hidden away throughout the whole country! Going to try and get my dad over for next years show, he'd love it.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
One of the best shows, if not the best I've been too, weather was great. Traffic was horrendous on the coast road on the way in though, must of spent the guts of an hour travelling just a few miles.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Another fantastic show which just keeps getting bigger each year!
Didn't expect to come home burnt either going by the forecast this morning.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
All i can say about the show today was amazing ...This was the biggest and best show that kilbroney have put on IMO was on the lookout for @Coog and his wee metro but couldn't find him but looks well in the picks above.
Did anyone see the bedford rascal flat bed wow that was cool. As was a lot of other things.
The only thing i bought today was a Large Gas Monkey Garage flag for my garage rafters.

20150620_181906_zpswlk40tpv.jpg

The crowds today were immense
IMG_f6e0ff4787742bd120bfa90e61819801_zpsro3oqfl3.jpg

IMG_d0bd812bb2e64bfb4cd9cd88e999b4dd_zpsrsy7q1dq.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Great show and good to see a few familiar faces. I've a pile of pics that I'll upload tomorrow after beer and BBQ tonight :grinning:

Reactions: dub

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Anyone on here own the black e30 m3 with the cloth recaro highbacks?

Bryan

RMS Regular
I've been going to Kilbroney for 10+ years now and this has to be the biggest number of cars I have ever seen there. It was impressive to see and a fantastic day. Unfortunately I wasn't able to bring the Cortina because I'm repairing the windscreen surround but there were plenty of other mk3s there. I had my father in law's Ford Zodiac on the trailer instead. I loved the "bumble-bee" Camaro - looked cool in the flesh. The quality and finish on some of the cars was just unbelievable.

Roll on next year (y)

Did anyone get any photos of the white Mini van that was for sale? I'm sure it sold before the end of the day because it was very cheap for the condition.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Is that ARR2? The Cavalry Workshops did an amazing job rescuing that, great to see it out and about.

Yup. According to the information on the flyers behind it, it was one of the armoured cars which accompanied Michael Collins on the day he was killed. A nice bit of Irish history on show.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Yup. According to the information on the flyers behind it, it was one of the armours cars which accompanied Michael Collins on the day he was killed. A nice bit of Irish history on show.

Yea that's exactly it. One of 13 gifted to the Irish forces when Britain withdrew. I think only 1 or 2 survive now. There's videos on YouTube of it up the mountains bouncing across fields and firing the machine gun when it first restored a few years back .

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Theres surely enough qualifying cars for an RMS stand next year?

Surprised NI-BMW don't have a stand.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.