Kirky trackskills

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
I was thinking of taking the wee man up to Kirky this weekend. I've done a track day before but never actually been a spectator.. Can we get in to the paddock/cafe or do we need to just hang around on the outside?

pablo

RMS Moderator
you can come in no problem but be aware you need to wait for a session to end before you can leave (as you need to cross the track)

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Aye - last time I was doing a session it was just over but cars still coming back to pits and losers start leaving without being given approval first *facepalm*

Cheers will call up then and see if I can get a 2 year old (with ear defenders on) interested in cars :joy:

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
The people at the gates closed them and wouldn't let anyone else out... Also the people that where on track where made to go back in - think someone just opened it and went

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
It's a lot easier to park outside and walk across the track. Then you can't get stuck and generally nip back out between sessions with ease.

Imo you shouldn't be allowed a car in the paddock unless you're a participant or staff.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Stunning GT4

93B47796-6524-4DFA-AEBC-6FFBE7EF5FB1.jpeg

schoolboy

RMS Regular
Few out ATM so looking good. I was parked where he went off.
Helped him get out as he couldn't open the door due to it being in its side. The Guy seemed annoyed naturally but happy that he was uninjured.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Was down for about an hour just as have commitments this afternoon. Really put me in the mood to order a set of track focused pads, some fluid and get the Megane on track for an afternoon!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Great day out for me. Got to drive home with no mechanical to report. Good first day back on track in 10 odd years so took it nice and handy

warren

RMS Photographer
It was, it must have the auto rev matching on downshifts, the crack out of it was unreal when he was braking into corners!