Lake Torrent Track

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RCT

RMS Regular
Oh I know about the actual track of course but my point is years ago you could go places whereas now these days it’s absolutely frowned upon

Used to have to go to Broughshane up in an industrial estate and run in some of the jica engines I’d had seize on me during the week so they were ready and back out for race weekend. Had to be done about 9/10 at night and hope you’d no trucks coming up in and the van across the road at one end. It was so hard to get somewhere with smooth tarmac and big enough turning circle at each end as no reverse! Deffo couldn’t do it now without some do gooder giving off about noise!

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Used to have to go to Broughshane up in an industrial estate and run in some of the jica engines I’d had seize on me during the week so they were ready and back out for race weekend. Had to be done about 9/10 at night and hope you’d no trucks coming up in and the van across the road at one end. It was so hard to get somewhere with smooth tarmac and big enough turning circle at each end as no reverse! Deffo couldn’t do it now without some do gooder giving off about noise!

I had to do something similar the first TKM engine I got in a small Industrial estate in the town lol. Not one person gave off, I'd say be a different story now!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Really is a pity, this would have been so fantastic

Trust me it wouldn't! It's in a ***** location, with no road network, no accommodation, no parking, nothing...

It's a blessing that more money wasn't wasted on it (y)

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
They still have not got the off slip from the M1 to the Eikon Exhibition centre at the Maze so what chance would there have been to significant infrastructure work in this neck of the woods.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Literally Everyman and his dog knew this would never in a million years happen and I can only assume it was some con of sorts ? 🤷‍♂️

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Off slip to Eikon was part of the plan before Maze site was developed; however, like most major projects in this country there is a lack of leadership, ownership, accountability and ability to actually get things done!!

neil-c

RMS Regular
Literally Everyman and his dog knew this would never in a million years happen and I can only assume it was some con of sorts ? 🤷‍♂️

No this was a genuine business. A Belfast civil engineering company was employed to do a large scale site study but it turned up huge issues with abandoned mine shafts and tunnels under the site. The cost of remediation was a big reason why it was shelved as far as I understand.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
No this was a genuine business. A Belfast civil engineering company was employed to do a large scale site study but it turned up huge issues with abandoned mine shafts and tunnels under the site. The cost of remediation was a big reason why it was shelved as far as I understand.

It sounds a bit like someone knew about that on the quiet and waited a few years to sell it on to some keen unsuspecting business man/group.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.