Land Rover 7 day complimentary insurance

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Hi everyone

I wonder can someone help me?

Picking up my new car tomorrow, 3 year old Range Rover Sport from Hurst Land Rover. Unfortunately, despite Land Rover Approved Used advertising 7 days drive away insurance, Hursts have told me they can only do the complimentary insurance for 24 hours! This means my insurance will run out on Easter Sunday. I was relying on the 7 day insurance for time to shop around and get the best price. I'm currently with Greenlight but they are closed until Tuesday so can't even ring them and transfer over current insurance to the new car.

Anyone any advice?

Thanks

Kevin

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Go online now and pick which ever is the best price or pick the car up Tues / Wed.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Advice..... don’t buy it. Your heart will be broke and good luck getting any help after the sales man disappears back into the showroom.

Hursts are liars (well I think all Land Rover dealers are)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Avoid Charles Hurst like a dose of the clap.

13 months later and I’m only getting sorted after a partial deposit went missing, they refused to carry out warranty work and claimed I should pay for it which left me going direct to the manufacturer to get it sorted, their after sales is downright horrendous and they’re basically nothing more than a collective of sh¡te filled, suit clad scumbags.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I know a vehicle they serviced lately and broke the sump plug. Owner went to collect and was asked for £520 to fix as it was leaking oil, after not backing down and contacting the previous dealer who serviced it they agreed to fix it. Fast forward 2 weeks they went to collect it and then asked for £197 for a £27 part that they agreed to pay for (steering wheel controls) and after pointing out on the quote it said £27 they got told it was a mistake and wanted £197. Owner didn’t back down and couldn’t wait to get out fast enough.

Our discovery sport is still leaking!!

veron

RMS Regular
OP
veron
Drives
335d
Cheers for the feedback guys. But I've been looking at this spec of RRS for a year now and its within budget. I've heard about their poor after sales service but I think I'll use my own mechanic.

Any other advice re. Mk2 Range Rover Sports guys?

Re. insurance - I should be able to swap over my S4 policy with Axa online later.

Kev

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Glad you’re sorted Kev !

Don’t listen to them, everyone knows JLR stuff can give issues but everyone still loves them and wants one.

Whilst I know of a few RRS that have blown engines, I equally know of as many that have never missed a beat ! Seems it’s just luck of the draw, like most cars today really.

Just make sure they supply the two year manufacture warranty and it’ll all be good

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Do they come with a 2 year LR approved warranty? Or is the original warranty 5 years?

veron

RMS Regular
OP
veron
Drives
335d
Cheers guys.
Re. driveway insurance - according to the sales rep in Hursts, they put the details through to Land Rover and Land Rover insurance decide how long to give driveway insurance for, anything from 24 hours to 7 days. Got sorted anyway. Couldn't contact Greenlight over the bank holiday weekend so cancelled it and got a policy with Axa NI, £500 quid for the year which was super.
Kev

veron

RMS Regular
OP
veron
Drives
335d
Update!
Had the Range Rover Sport for 9 months now. Its only been back to Hursts 4 times.

Rear diff rattle - replaced
Passenger seat memory function not working
Front drivers seat replaced
Front drivers seat bottom replaced again as heated element broken
Passenger Airbag light on - reset and no fault found
Passenger airbag eventually replaced
Air Suspension compressor replaced
Rattle from rear - exhaust heat shield

Have to say, by in large, customer care has been excellent. Been given a courtesy car each time. All work covered under warranty.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Don't think I could handle all those faults. The tiniest rattle or issue and I have to get it fixed so would likely spend my life in the Land Rover dealership.