Land Rover Discovery 5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
It only stays at each dealer for one day. I was invited to Charles Hurst's today to view it.
Awesome machine in the flesh as expected. I actually like the position of the rear plate :oops:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Yeah I thought it would be for one day only, I work there and only found out the other day it was due in lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
IMG_5166.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
When did Topping lose the Land Rover franchise? Didn't know that.

So disappointed by this, such potential :worried:.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
When did Topping lose the Land Rover franchise? Didn't know that.

So disappointed by this, such potential :worried:.

2/3 months ago I think. Can't remember what there "official" story was but really Land Rover told them they would have to upgrade there showroom/workshop to remain a dealer.
The cost of this would have been nover £1,000,000 so they decided it wasn't worth while and are now an Official Land Rover service centre. Can still go in and buy a new Land/Range Rover there but they have to get it through elsewhere not direct from Land Rover.
There mainly selling nearly new ones now and have gone stronger with Ford.

They have done up the exterior of the dealership since but not to landrovers extent lol.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
2/3 months ago I think. Can't remember what there "official" story was but really Land Rover told them they would have to upgrade there showroom/workshop to remain a dealer.
The cost of this would have been nover £1,000,000 so they decided it wasn't worth while and are now an Official Land Rover service centre. Can still go in and buy a new Land/Range Rover there but they have to get it through elsewhere not direct from Land Rover.
There mainly selling nearly new ones now and have gone stronger with Ford.

They have done up the exterior of the dealership since but not to landrovers extent lol.

Probably explains why we've had a quite a few more cars going out to them recently. I know alot of Brands are requring upgraded/larger showrooms/grounds compared to what many places have these days causing alot of work to many dealerships.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Probably explains why we've had a quite a few more cars going out to them recently. I know alot of Brands are requring upgraded/larger showrooms/grounds compared to what many places have these days causing alot of work to many dealerships.

You in Hurst's? Think that's where I was told they'd be getting them but wasn't 100% sure.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Im in Donnellys, Maybe depends on stock, against their requirements etc, if we've one to spec they are after in our inventory or if hursts do etc, I know we had 3 or 4 new ones a few weeks back for them.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Im in Donnellys, Maybe depends on stock, against their requirements etc, if we've one to spec they are after in our inventory or if hursts do etc, I know we had 3 or 4 new ones a few weeks back for them.

Just where ever they can get what they want I suppose.

You in Dungannon? Stopped by in July to price getting my air suspension recalibrated,
Would only be the hour labour charge they told me, was £85 +vat lol or there abouts.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

You in Dungannon? Stopped by in July to price getting my air suspension recalibrated,
Would only be the hour labour charge they told me, was £85 +vat lol or there abouts.

That's cheap, Hurst's are £105+vat!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
That's cheap, Hurst's are £105+vat!
Closer to get to Belfast the more they rip you off it seems :p

Probably will end up getting it done on Donnellys at some point and toppings don't have the calibration blocks anymore.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I was down at the D5 launch tonight in Hursts.

It is actually lovely in person. Had the release dates been closer I would have went for one of them.

It is unbelievably well kitted out inside, and I would have to very seriously consider spending an extra £10k+ on a sport versus a well kitted disco

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
The front reminds me of a saab. The last disco was sh1te and a complete nightmare. They stopped making decent motors around 04.

chris_b

RMS Regular
OP
chris_b
Drives
A car
The front reminds me of a saab. The last disco was sh1te and a complete nightmare. They stopped making decent motors around 04.
I absolutely love the 3&4 ! Done many happy miles in them. However like all JLR stuff, you seem to need to own newish and with warranty

tim

RMS Regular
I have to say now some time (and the initial shock..) has passed. I quite like it.

It's a grower thats for sure. At least black hides most of the bad lines at the back!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Many would say they only started making decent motors in 04.... the d3 &d4 are excellent cars. Neither of mine have been nightmares though like any marque, there are bad ones out there. Each disco has been a major step forward with some loving and some hating the progression.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I have to say now some time (and the initial shock..) has passed. I quite like it.

It's a grower thats for sure. At least black hides most of the bad lines at the back!
It's the offset rear number plate that gets me though.

There is literally no obvious reason for it any more

Reactions: tim

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Same platform as Range Rover and Range Rover Sport so yes, monocoque
Presumed so. Is the main suspension components, arms etc the same between the 3?

Unbelievable amount of aluminum in the new Range Rovers, need to get a good nosy under one, any we've had at work haven't needed to be on a lift.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Have to say after prep work on it this morning i do like it! Alot nicer in the metal, car is a new colour to the range silicone grey nice bit of kit inside like a sport mated to a discovery, outside I like it, even the offset rear number plate.

Yeah I'm in dungannon.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.