Land Rover Discovery 5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Presumed so. Is the main suspension components, arms etc the same between the 3?

Unbelievable amount of aluminum in the new Range Rovers, need to get a good nosy under one, any we've had at work haven't needed to be on a lift.

Good question that I'm not 100% sure on as I work in Powertrain. My assumption would be that a lot of it will be the same as that's one advantage of platform engineering

tim

RMS Regular
It's the offset rear number plate that gets me though.

There is literally no obvious reason for it any more
Differentiation within the brand and continuity for the model will be about it.

The Full Fat and Sport look similar enough as it is their current guises.

chris_b

RMS Regular
OP
chris_b
Drives
A car
I did have a chuckle when then comparison was made but like you I would still love one. Theres just something about discos that makes them more appealing to me than a RR or RRS

chris_b

RMS Regular
OP
chris_b
Drives
A car
If you need that sh1te, you shouldn't be towing.
Just like park assist, if you tick that option a huge hand should come down out of the dealership roof and take your licence off you... :p
Listen when your towing 5/6 million pounds worth in the back of a fibreglass race box that shatters if it hits a blade of grass, all assistance is very welcome ! :party:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
If you need that sh1te, you shouldn't be towing.
Just like park assist, if you tick that option a huge hand should come down out of the dealership roof and take your licence off you... :p

I think this would be better

Jackass+giant+hand+slap+3.gif

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Did they pilfer SsangYong's designer without telling them?

screen-shot-2016-09-28-at-22-42-31-png.126286

SsangYong_Rodius_e-XDi_200_4WD_Sapphire_(II)_%E2%80%93_Heckansicht,_6._August_2013,_M%C3%BCnster.jpg

Agreed. It looks like the rear end of the car has downs syndrome.

Land Rover have really fallen away from the brand they where imo.

Most of their new cars should have been badged range rovers for the styling, and whilst I'm sure with the millions of pounds worth of off road diffs and computer controls that will never be used by 99% of owners now, that it will be great off road.

I look at the discovery 3 and think that's a working beast of a thing.

I look at the disco 5.and think "4untwagon"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.