Lap of Ireland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

boringdave

RMS Regular
Drives
81 mini city
I have done laps many times, Including a iron butt lap in under 24 hours on the bike.
I found that orginized runs are good and bad. Good in you will met new people and see new places etc but bad in that you may want to stop if you see something and the group hasnt a planned/semi planned stop for a while.
I now head down and stay in a set place for a couple nights and explore that area. Heading down to clare for a long weekend on the 23rd-25th and although it is prob not the best county in ireland for views or partys, it is a county I have yet to explore fully so why not.

Lee

RMS Regular
I have done laps many times, Including a iron butt lap in under 24 hours on the bike.

Just been to google that, sounds pretty mental. You must have been aching all over at the end of it. I be looking to hop off my bike for a while after about 2 hours.

boringdave

RMS Regular
Drives
81 mini city
Just been to google that, sounds pretty mental. You must have been aching all over at the end of it. I be looking to hop off my bike for a while after about 2 hours.
When I did it I was with 3 other friends and we stopped every 30-60 mins for a small break. We also stopped for a full sit down meal at the half way point and still made the time np.
It is the tirdness gets to you rather than the aches tbh.

Reactions: Lee
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.