Leaf EV Lease Deal £214 up front and £214pm, 36m

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
What’s the maintenance costs/intervals likely to be with an EV like this?

Mark_C

RMS Regular
What’s the maintenance costs/intervals likely to be with an EV like this?

Never mind that, I wonder could you get away with an upgraded speed controller and a motor from Gool RC lol

Seriously though, this looks like an excellent possibility for the wife's once a week commute to Bangor.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Theres virtually nothing to maintain so itll likely be one check up at 2 years to top up the screen wash and check it over.

Good deal that. Could make the maths work to allow for something more interesting for the weekends.

J-VW

RMS Regular
Had one out of hursts for a couple of days there recently 62kw model. Was a decent hatch but the quality of the media system and some of the switch gear was atrocious. Proper Almera spec

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I’ve driven the latest one and I think it’s absolutely grand. Perfectly usable daily.

Annual servicing is a bit of a laugh though as it’s £160ish, in line with an ICE but has nearly no serviceable items included in that. Effectively a diagnostic that they could likely do remotely.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Thats pretty cheap motoring for a few years. Bit hard to look past the badge is my issue.

dufunk

RMS Regular
A few EV's now available on the motability scheme zero advance payment but that deal there is possibly better.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
A few EV's now available on the motability scheme zero advance payment but that deal there is possibly better.
I’m curious as to how a deal that requires you to pay for a monthly lease from your own money is better than a benefit that pays all or at least huge proportion of the monthly cost?

RevT

RMS Regular
I’m curious as to how a deal that requires you to pay for a monthly lease from your own money is better than a benefit that pays all or at least huge proportion of the monthly cost?

I’m pretty sure their payments for cars come out of their benefits payments, meaning they get less in their pocket. For example, if the motability scheme is £250 per month out of their benefits, they’d be better getting their full benefit and paying £214 towards that deal each month.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i called first thing on monday morning and the deal was over, all sold out on that deal.

dufunk

RMS Regular
It takes their full benefit so £270 a month so that deal is possibly better for those people. No doubt we will see many more EV's on the road this year.

Last edited:

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
So I could opt to pay £214 from my own pocket and receive and keep the £270 from motability? So £56 up?
I’m a bit lost on this - genuine question by the way, not knocking the system.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
The motability scheme includes all up keep and insurance so you might be better off still.

RevT

RMS Regular
So I could opt to pay £214 from my own pocket and receive and keep the £270 from motability? So £56 up?
I’m a bit lost on this - genuine question by the way, not knocking the system.

It comes out of your normal benefit payments. You opt to send a part of that payment to the motability scheme if you want to make use of it.

If that’s £270 per month, then you will have £270 less in your normal benefits across the month.

However, they could decide to keep their full benefit payments and take this deal out seperately meaning they have an extra few pound in their pocket.

dufunk

RMS Regular
A family member has been on the scheme before and said it isn't really worth it usually but with an electric car that takes £5 to charge and get you 140 miles it could be worth while if they are doing a lot of miles. Also hear you get a few hundred back if you keep the car in good nick.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
the 110kW is supposed to be sharp, i wonder how quick the 160 is with the equivalent of 214 bhp?
I had a 40kw one out for a few days last year out of Hursts Newtownards and it impressed me although the steering has no reach adjustment in the ones up to 2020 and the interior was a bit low rent. They're no GTI Golf to drive but they aren't bad.

I drove a 62kw one when I was leaving the 40kw back and it was a wee bit quicker but felt a bit heavier in the bends so..............unless you need the range of the 62kw I wouldn't bother.

Long story short I went to Hursts Newtownabbey to buy an ex demo one only to find they put the price of it up £1000 literally an hour before I went so I told them to keep it.

Dishonourable C##TS :mad:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Its hard to believe the 160 is only a wee bit quicker with all that extra juice but a bit more weight

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Its hard to believe the 160 is only a wee bit quicker with all that extra juice but a bit more weight
Its 150kgs heavier!

The 62 is about 7sec to 60 and 98pmh. 200 mile range
The 40 is about 8sec to 60 and 89mph. 135 mile range

Wheel spin is an issue in the wet and the 62 just has more of that, they both run out of go at above 70mph, I'd save my 6 grand.