Lean to garage.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Has anyone on here got a lean to type garage fitted to the side off their house? I've been looking into getting one up at the side off the house but a few companies I have contacted don't seem keen on the idea. I'm thinking around 20ft long by 15 ft wide similar to the one in the picture. Any advice appreciated. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200116-214622_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200116-214622_Facebook.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

neil-c

RMS Regular
Any steel manufacturer would be able to knock you something up - a few columns and beams and then you can clad it with whatever you wanted. What's pictured above look like the cladding used on cold formed steel sheds as opposed to hot rolled steel. You dont see many cold formed steel lean to sheds off the shelf and cold form steel is harder to make bespoke compared to hot rolled which can be welded up.

The hardest thing will be getting a good flashing installed against your existing blockwork because it would need cut and mastic sealed into the wall which is difficult to do well because the flashing will only be imbedded 30-50mm.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
Most places I've contacted are only interested in doing a stand alone garage for the exact reason you stated, they're concerned about the seal to the house wall. A few companies have quoted for a lean to but said they can't guarantee the seal between house and garage but was wondering if anyone had went down that route and if they had any issues. Similar to this I'm thinking on. Thanks

Attachments

• lean-to-steel-garage.jpg
    lean-to-steel-garage.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 96