Lease deals thread

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Do you know what all is included in the 2 service pack? Is it both a minor and major? I thought nearly every brand was on a 2yr cycle now.

It’s basically an oil service and oil service plus inspection. The oil service is usually £179 I think outside the pack, so sub 300 for both is decent.

pablo

RMS Moderator
My Leon was 150 then 180 iirc. I only had to do the 2nd one as I extended into a 3rd year. Won’t need to do a 3rd

Also hoping to get away with the original tyres.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
On my R, the two year service pack included the first two services (for info my first one came up as due at around 9500 miles).
It’s basically an oil service and oil service plus inspection. The oil service is usually £179 I think outside the pack, so sub 300 for both is decent.

Interesting, MINI & BMW have been on 2yr intervals for a long time.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I have a question for those who have completed a lease. Do you have to service the car just before handing it back? Most cars would be on an annual service plan, so a service would be due when you are to hand it back after 24 or 36 months.

VW have a 2 year service pack for £296 which isn't too bad and would be great if it was all we'd need to take out and not service it the month we're handing it back after 3 years.

You can buy a 2 yr/20,000 mile stand alone Service Plan from VW for £199. Covers you for a minor and major service (normally £488 for the pair) and when your second service is due,you can request to move onto Long Life Servicing for no extra charge which will effectively cover you for the full 3 years.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
You can buy a 2 yr/20,000 mile stand alone Service Plan from VW for £199. Covers you for a minor and major service (normally £488 for the pair) and when your second service is due,you can request to move onto Long Life Servicing for no extra charge which will effectively cover you for the full 3 years.

The current price is £296 from what I can tell, which is fine to be honest. If I’d have PCP or HP the car it would be £49.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Previous Skoda was on fixed servicing, I’d it for 20 months and it was serviced once at 10k, cost £106. Current one will only need done once in the 2 years I have it according to the onboard service.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
My dad has ordered an audi A6 sline lease but forgot to say he lived in NI and they will only deliver to a port what is easiest way to get the car from the port home ?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes speak to the ferry company. They should do unattended transport. Only issue could be if the lease company need someone to sign and accept the car before handing it over.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
My dad has ordered an audi A6 sline lease but forgot to say he lived in NI and they will only deliver to a port what is easiest way to get the car from the port home ?

PMing you now mate, might be able to help (y)

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Mercedes A35 A35 4Matic AMG Auto MY19.5 Contract Hire

Dan.86

RMS Regular
We are now on the lookout for another Karoq lease after more or less having it confirmed ours is a total loss. Found the same deal we have only £20 extra a month thanks to inflation etc. Great!

Bit of a nightmare but all I will say is thank goodness for GAP and ALA insurance who supplied it. Thanks to it, we will walk away from our current deal.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What would’ve happened if you didn’t have GAP on a lease? Is it really an essential on 1 just?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It's about £100 odd for a few years so not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things, just need to remember to get it.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Who are you guys insured with? I’m just checking comparison sites at the moment and some are coming in a good 20% more expensive when I enter that I’m not the owner or registered keeper.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
mine was cheaper (renewed with same provider) on a more expensive and more powerful car. Lease didn't even enter into the price.

Same with my fiancée's.