Lease deals thread

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Tiguan is dead on. Bit of a cheap interior and a bit rattly but decent driving thing and the 150 engine is punchy enough and ok on fuel. She loves the speed ramps too :grinning:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Shop around and speak to Agnews, I was getting an R Line DSG for not a lot more money.

Aye I'm about £50 less a month than that on a SE Nav with one month deposit, but it's only 8k miles. That was through Agnew's too.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Shop around and speak to Agnews, I was getting an R Line DSG for not a lot more money.
In touch with them at the minute. Hopefully getting a test drive tomorrow morning. The benefit will be if they have them in stock.

I feel like I’m cheating on our Karoq lol

J-VW

RMS Regular
any decent Arteon deals still around?

Yes as Paddy says I had ordered one last August for Jan 19 delivery. It was pushed back to August 19 delivery so I cancelled and went for the Merc.

I've heard the lead times on the Arteon have improved but still way over 12 weeks I believe.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Karoq deals have changed so this is a contender. Same as ours only with the 2.0 tdi engine.

With regards to the Tiguan, there will be an order required so we will probably choose whichever car can be built first if that’s even possible given they are from the same factory.

Agnews are wanting an extra £600 across the duration off the deal which is strange considering the deal I passed on to them in a VW dealer. I could fly over to Stratford upon Avon and lift it for cheaper.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Unfortunately I can’t convince her to go for this one 8o|

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Karoq deals have changed so this is a contender. Same as ours only with the 2.0 tdi engine.

With regards to the Tiguan, there will be an order required so we will probably choose whichever car can be built first if that’s even possible given they are from the same factory.

Agnews are wanting an extra £600 across the duration off the deal which is strange considering the deal I passed on to them in a VW dealer. I could fly over to Stratford upon Avon and lift it for cheaper.

Our deal with Agnews is £525 more that the deal I showed them from the mainland, but when you take in to consideration the time and money spent flying over, ferry back and fuel, it’s not worth arguing over 100 quid.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Skoda matched a mainland deal (Mervyn Stewart’s) to the penny given that it was a dealer comparison. We wouldn’t entertain paying extra on the Tiguan if Agnews couldn’t match, we’d just go for the Skoda again.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Skoda matched a mainland deal (Mervyn Stewart’s) to the penny given that it was a dealer comparison. We wouldn’t entertain paying extra on the Tiguan if Agnews couldn’t match, we’d just go for the Skoda again.

That’s good of MS! I can’t see Agnews matching it, mainly because they don’t have to due to being VW and in high demand and knowing full well the hassle/cost of bringing a car back. I hope they match it for you, though, will give me ammo for my next lease lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Did you try speaking to @ashloys ? He was giving us very competitive quotes when we were considering leasing a new A6 as opposed to buying a used one.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Why even bother asking a NI dealer to match the deal if you want/like to go to England for a day-break then?

That will be their view, and from a business point of view they feel they can charge a little more as you have went to the trouble of contacting them to ask the question.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
In fairness Agnew's added a small cost to ours equivalent to the ferry across. I was happy enough seeing as time is at a bit of a premium at the minute lol

Dan.86

RMS Regular
It was a bit of tongue-in-cheek. Who wouldn’t lease local if the price is right.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Why even bother asking a NI dealer to match the deal if you want/like to go to England for a day-break then?

That will be their view, and from a business point of view they feel they can charge a little more as you have went to the trouble of contacting them to ask the question.

The comparison is simply if it's going to cost you £500 more, you may as well spend that £500 having a day trip/weekend away. If the dealer matches or gets damn near the deal then it would cost more to go get it, therefore not worth the hassle.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Our deal with Agnews is £525 more that the deal I showed them from the mainland, but when you take in to consideration the time and money spent flying over, ferry back and fuel, it’s not worth arguing over 100 quid.

Another thing to add to this is returning the car again in 3 years, there's another ferry and fuel and time and possibly another flight too. When you think of it like this, that £15p/m seems a lot less relevant.

Last edited: