Lease deals thread

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Anyone with a lease through Belfast Audi (VWFS I think) had there car serviced elsewhere?

I must double check the paperwork to see if that is even an option or if it must be done by Audi themselves.

Car is 18 months old with approx 10k miles on it and the quote I have for oil change and inspection is eye watering....

It's a 1.4 A4 not a V10 R8....

@Coog You had one a while back didn't you?

Threw it into Agnews. Can't remember the price but certainly nothing remarkable given the price of modern oils. £170 rings a bell. VWFS did ask about the service record but can't remember if they asked about it being carried out at the dealer or not. Might have been just a question about whether the service light was on.

I don't sweat the small stuff when it comes to things like this. Firstly because I don't want to have an argument about any warranty work (regardless of the rules and regs), and secondly I couldn't be bothered with an argument at handback either. All for the sake of what - £50/60? I lease for convenience mostly and the service was literally the only cost over and above fuel (and one tyre) over the entire lease of the car so I didn't really think much about it at all. I guess it all depends on how much they've quoted and how much you value your time. Running round getting written quotes for oil services just seems like ball ache to me.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
The service and inspection on a 1.4tsi Kodiaq was £109 in December when ours was done, far handier than some boy doing it and a warranty issue or handback issue raising its head. What was the price quoted as a matter of interest?

Dan.86

RMS Regular
£180 for my vrs first service last month in Mervyn Stewart’s Conlig. They price matched Mullhollands as originally they quoted £196. Thought that was expensive but it was convenient being down the road. Now on their service plan for £14 a month for the next 2 services.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
image004.png

I paid £190 and £210 for the two services on my leased Focus ST diesel.

Wasn't expecting anything over £250 for what seems to be a glorified oil change?!

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Fixed price servicing on the Audi site says £180 for an interim service.

Pollen filter definitely due? If so, DIY and keep the receipt!

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Anyone with a lease through Belfast Audi (VWFS I think) had there car serviced elsewhere?

I must double check the paperwork to see if that is even an option or if it must be done by Audi themselves.

Car is 18 months old with approx 10k miles on it and the quote I have for oil change and inspection is eye watering....

It's a 1.4 A4 not a V10 R8....

@Coog You had one a while back didn't you?

Assuming it's the same as Agnews VW it'll have to be serviced by a VW garage. Check the Audi site for service offers. VW offer the first 2 services for under £300 on anything up to 2 litre including the R.

Laurence Nic

RMS Member
I've been looking at an Audi TT Coupe and I've found out delivery covers the whole of the UK. Looked like a great deal (been scanning about online for a while) was wondering if anyone had seen a deal similar in price and if this was a good one? Looking to go Business CH

I've attached a screenshot of the current options I've selected, don't know if you guys could suggest jigging it about to be better?

Any advice would be appreciated :grinning:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Double check to ensure delivery specifically includes Northern Ireland would be my advice. Jigging about generally doesn’t make much different to the overall term price

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
4 years is a long time. It’s out of warranty after 3 presumably. If you’re happy to be paying £300 a month to be driving about in a 4 year old car, go for it!!

Laurence Nic

RMS Member
Double check to ensure delivery specifically includes Northern Ireland would be my advice. Jigging about generally doesn’t make much different to the overall term price

Thanks for this I will double check,

4 years is a long time. It’s out of warranty after 3 presumably. If you’re happy to be paying £300 a month to be driving about in a 4 year old car, go for it!!

This is a good point, the fact that it will be due an MOT after the 3rd year, as well as the warranty out of 3 years, probably makes the 4 year quite silly. I'll definitely go for the 3 year thanks for the tip!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Thanks for this I will double check,

This is a good point, the fact that it will be due an MOT after the 3rd year, as well as the warranty out of 3 years, probably makes the 4 year quite silly. I'll definitely go for the 3 year thanks for the tip!
No mot until 4 years old in NI....

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@Laurence Nic work out the total cost over the three and four year terms and see what works for you. Remember if you give it back after 3 years it means you can pick something new for year 4 - downside being you’ve another lump sum to handover at that point to start the process again. Always be looking at the lifetime cost!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Volvo first service on the S90 is £250!!!! But what can ya do?!

What way have people went about removing their personal reg at the end of the lease?

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
About servicing I was told by lookers seat and VWFS that so long as it was done with genuine parts at a vat registered garage I’d have no problems.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
About servicing I was told by lookers seat and VWFS that so long as it was done with genuine parts at a vat registered garage I’d have no problems.

My contract states "Ensure the vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommended intervals by a Volkswagen Authorised Repairer." I take that to be main dealer?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Would you believe I've just booked the Touareg into Kwik Fit for an interim service. From their website...

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
They ain’t using genuine parts tho as its
Original equipment standard in commas lol

I’d double check with lease people to be sure

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Invalidate isn't.

And surely it denotes original equipment as a statement.

You should probably check though, mine isn't leased.