Lease deals thread

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
@ashloys - any good deals on a Leon Cupra DSG? Or the Arteon 2.0 TSI?

I don't think there's anything outstanding at the minute, although I could be wrong. Give me a call on 07501485763 on Monday and I'll see if I can help?

I did sell a 2.0TSI R Line Arteon the other week and it was very cheap at the time.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Volvo first service on the S90 is £250!!!! But what can ya do?!

What way have people went about removing their personal reg at the end of the lease?
My S90 is just up for its first service. Got quoted 250 quid like you which seems pretty rough. As you are in a similar boat to me, did you take that one on the chin or go elsewhere?
I'll have to dig the lease contract out to be sure, I'm sure it'll be covered in some suitably woolly terms about as per manufacturer recommendations for servicing.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
My S90 is just up for its first service. Got quoted 250 quid like you which seems pretty rough. As you are in a similar boat to me, did you take that one on the chin or go elsewhere?
I'll have to dig the lease contract out to be sure, I'm sure it'll be covered in some suitably woolly terms about as per manufacturer recommendations for servicing.

I had to just take the hit!! 😢

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I got my V90 serviced in Greer’s. It was £234.
Mine is on an 18 month lease so I did it on time as no benefit delaying it by a few weeks.

I believe if you miss the servicing you can invalidate the warranty on the car. That wouldn’t be cheap I’d imagine?

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
I got my V90 serviced in Greer’s. It was £234.
Mine is on an 18 month lease so I did it on time as no benefit delaying it by a few weeks.

I believe if you miss the servicing you can invalidate the warranty on the car. That wouldn’t be cheap I’d imagine?

You're right, it's not worth the risk. Especially if you're on a non-maintained contract, the manufacturer will just use that as an excuse not to pay out.

For example if the gearbox fell out of it a month before it's due to come back and they discover it hasn't been serviced.. you're snookered.

Not worth the risk IMO.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
You're right, it's not worth the risk. Especially if you're on a non-maintained contract, the manufacturer will just use that as an excuse not to pay out.

For example if the gearbox fell out of it a month before it's due to come back and they discover it hasn't been serviced.. you're snookered.

Not worth the risk IMO.

Warranty would be voided by delaying the service by a week?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
No, if you miss it, ie. skip a service. Being a few weeks late isn't usually an issue.

That’s more what I meant. Service it a week or two late and the lease ends before the second is due (assuming 24 month term)

saxo_man

RMS Regular
That’s more what I meant. Service it a week or two late and the lease ends before the second is due (assuming 24 month term)

2-3 weeks is fine. On my wife’s car we booked it in at 10700 for the 10k miles service. Dealer told us had it been 11k the warranty would have be voided.

pablo

RMS Moderator
anyone know the charge from VWFS for a kerbed rim? My Leon goes back soon and I expect a fisting. The are diamond cut similar to golf R ones I guess.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
anyone know the charge from VWFS for a kerbed rim? My Leon goes back soon and I expect a fisting. The are diamond cut similar to golf R ones I guess.

It's something like £40-50. Wouldn't sweat it.

Bairdy

RMS Member
Drives
Golf R & others

I believe it is £35 + VAT, you will see it in the end of term info from VWFS also they have a pdf online but I cannot see it right now.

I actually have a leasing business up on the north coast - NEVA Leasing NI
We have a new website live soon. Some great deals cropping up too. Worth a follow on our fb page.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne

Got an invoice from BMW Alphabet this morning - £50 plus VAT for 19s

davyk31

RMS Regular
I believe it is £35 + VAT, you will see it in the end of term info from VWFS also they have a pdf online but I cannot see it right now.

I actually have a leasing business up on the north coast - NEVA Leasing NI
We have a new website live soon. Some great deals cropping up too. Worth a follow on our fb page.

Had a look on the Facebook site and sent you an email to see what can be done.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Always seem to be deals on the Leon but nothing at present on the GTi. Head to Pistonheads lease deals thread for the latest on Leon. Some deals starting to appear on the new M135i but nothing spectacular yet.

Bairdy

RMS Member
Drives
Golf R & others
Any good deals on a Leon Cupra or Golf GTI at the minute? @ashloys

I have seen nothing spectacular at the moment. Circa £300 per month on an 8k 6+23. The deals of yesteryear are all but gone for now. Leon Cupra was reasonably good deals on the cupra. I would think there should be some good Golf deals coming with the MK8 arriving soon.

We did a recent car for a customer in Portstewart on a mega Merc deal. E300 AMG Line Couple with night pack 9+23 at 5k per year £249 inc VAT. That lasted 24 hours before it was pulled.