Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Central UK vehicle leasing:

Screenshot_20190823-200731.png

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Fair play to anyone who can afford to loose £10k+ over two years on a lease deal.i would cry myself to sleep over it every night .

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Fair play to anyone who can afford to loose £10k+ over two years on a lease deal.i would cry myself to sleep over it every night .
How much do you spend in fuel, servicing and repairs over a few years? Eg 10k miles a year over two years is £3k for something doing 40mpg. Set of tyres say £500. Servicing £500. Maybe a DPF and other diesel nonsense could account for another £500. Road tax, MOTs, general tinkering or upgrades could wipe out another 500.

There’s 5K already. Not accounting the big one, depreciation.

EVs are dear but fuel isn’t cheap. Also my daily while being far from slow is not model 3 quick! Would love one.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It's a known budgetable quantity too. I like to keep a fairly tight reign on finances and a lease is perfect for that.

Biggest concern about the model 3 for me is build quality / consistency.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I have no issues with anyone doing a lease ,I am just saying I wouldn’t like to buy a car I would loose £10k on in 2 years .i try and buy something that is a couple years old and someone had already lost £20k on and a model that seems to hold its money well.would love to hve a drive in a Tesla just to see what there really like .The acceleration is just nuts in the fast ones .

Last edited:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I have no issues with anyone doing a lease ,I am just saying I wouldn’t like to buy a car I would loose £10k on in 2 years .i try and buy something that is a couple years old and someone had already lost £20k on and a model that seems to hold its money well.would love to hve a drive in a Tesla just to see why there really like .The acceleration is just nuts in the fast ones .

I’m getting a spin in a model S on Thursday, can’t wait 😅

zafturbo

RMS Regular
yeah we get that its not for everyone, and thats ok, but I dont know why people feel the need to point that out over and over again. Its a simple maths game, works for some people.
No problem,I will keep my opinion to myself in future.jees I only said I wouldn’t like to loose £10k on a car ,never mentioned that being on a lease deal or outright purchase .i don’t give a toot what others do ,if a lease worked for me I would have one.
I’m getting a spin in a model S on Thursday, can’t wait 😅
Can I join you please .😂

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah it's a lot to drop on one car, though given the running costs and overall package I suppose it's not too bad. My A4 lease was less than half that for same terms.

markmeus

RMS Regular
It makes more sense to compare leasing to buying a new car, rather than running a second hand car.
Take the Cupra for example, costing me £6,479.76 over two years. Yes I'd not have spent that if I'd kept my old mk2 Leon FR.

But say i was to buy the Cupra at £29k? am i gonna get £22,520.24 after 2 years? Not a chance, so the lease was cheaper.

No matter which way you look at it, there's a cost to buying a new car. But some people you talk to about leasing go on about not owning an asset and throwing money away!!! 😂
I'd be throwing away money owning a Cupra.

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Such a feeling getting into a new car every two years though.i could never afford to do that so in that aspect it’s brilliant .

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Fair play to anyone who can afford to loose £10k+ over two years on a lease deal.i would cry myself to sleep over it every night

This is a thread about current lease deals on the market.

Not about people's opinions otherwise, who either A) Aren't agreeable with the principle or B) Cant afford it

If you fall into any of the above 2 categories, then this isn't the thread for you i'm afraid...

Last edited:

Deleted member 13907

D
I'm sure it's been asked before, but what's the advice for leasing something where higher miles are concerned?
I'm looking at alternatives for myself - I could budget around £5000/year, but would be doing 20,000+ miles/years

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I'm sure it's been asked before, but what's the advice for leasing something where higher miles are concerned?
I'm looking at alternatives for myself - I could budget around £5000/year, but would be doing 20,000+ miles/years

I think VWFS excess mileage was at 7ppm plus VAT. I don't remember seeing an absolute limit on it so you could consider just accruing the excess at £70 a month or so on a 10k base mileage deal and paying it at the end? Youd need to research it though just to be safe.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S

The mileage limit with BMW & MINI is 25k, so set to what you need and work away. Typical excess mileage charge is 3-7p, def some of the lowest in the industry, I've heard the likes of Ford can be very harsh on theirs - customer told me 24p/m on his Focus ST!