Lease deals thread

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Has anyone went over their miles on a lease, like way over & if so, bar the excess, was there any other issues?

Interested to hear this also. My wife’s car was over but it has barely moved since March so almost back on track. Hers is 10k a year but she could probably end up 6k over in total over the duration of the lease. She has kept the servicing schedule so it was done <12 months based on mileage.
Likely a broken OBD port LOL.

Get the mileage corrected before every service?

technics100

RMS Regular
Drives
Sportline 2.0t
Totally depends on the assessor you have. The guy I had for my Gti was determined to find something I think because the car was so mint. It was a mega sunny day and he found a tiny scratch on the rear bumper that I genuinely didn’t ever notice and I’m mega OCD about condition. It was so small it didn’t exceed their fair wear and tear guidance but he was determined to note it to “keep himself right” apparently. I suggested that by keeping himself right he was in fact wrong and refused to sign the sheet. Got a £50 bill from VWFS to which i complained. They took about 2 months to reply but eventually the reply came that it was wrong and should not have been charged.
I forgot to mention when typing this that the inspector was not collecting the car and another guy from Wilson’s auctions came that same day to take it away. He did his assessment and said other people than a brand new car he hasn’t seen better. I told him the other guy found a blemish and pointed to the general area but neither he or I could find any mark as the bright sun had gone. It was still very bright with the car out in the open but still no marks could be seen. He gave me a copy of his assessment showing the car perfect which was useful to help counter VW given this time was later than the first assessment.

We handed our yeti back a few years ago.. 2 years old 13k on it.. Fella said it was one of the cleanest he had seen.. picked up a few marks, but told my wife "off record" to reject his report... so she did.. never heard anymore about it. The whole wheel thing is odd.. My superb has both front wheels marked beyond 50mm so I will be charged, but the backs are fine with not a mark.. it means theoretically that I could mark both back wheels with 45mm marks and not be charged front them as it's fair wear and tear.. a bit stupid really..

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I spent ages cleaning our Kia Sportage before returning it, it was in great nick anyway but the guy only looked round it for 10 secs and not in any detail.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Seems every assessor comes out to say it's the cleanest lease car he's ever seen? Except for us. Though he did say he picked up a A8 earlier that day with about 1000 miles on it and said it was basically like brand new. Fella got a cheap deal then couldn't afford to run the car. Smart.

Ours had collected a rear bumper scuff at some stage during it's torturous 2 year existence, which I pointed out to him. Advice given was fill it with polish and not to buff it off. Job jobbed. Was a good yoke that. Loved the speed bumps and cold starts. Also was good for trying 'what ifs' on. Like what happens if I pull the handbrake button driving down the road, does the traction control still work in reverse, how fast can I hit a speed bump without even feeling it and at what point does it start washing itself. Scientific stuff.

Newest acquisition is also in some shape. More hits than the Beatles and enough grot inside to seed potatoes in. Managed to damage it filling it with fuel on the way home with about 6 miles on the clock. For sure the DPF won't be clogged on it anyway.

markmeus

RMS Regular
Some differences in the assessors, guy who looked at my Cupra spent a good 40 mins going over it with a fine tooth comb, noted every mark even if it wasn't chargable, not a single kerb mark on the alloys but he still picked up a stone chip on one of them. Not that I cared, but just crazy to see how varied they are.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Had my car serviced there on Monday (highly impressed with Mervyn Stewart’s in Bangor btw, they couldn’t have done enough). They advised my brake pads are at 70% so consider getting them replaced in around 4K miles.

My question is has anybody just went ahead and replaced the pads themselves? Seems pointless paying the dealer other than to uphold the warranty but whose going to know really come hand back next year.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Had my car serviced there on Monday (highly impressed with Mervyn Stewart’s in Bangor btw, they couldn’t have done enough). They advised my brake pads are at 70% so consider getting them replaced in around 4K miles.

My question is has anybody just went ahead and replaced the pads themselves? Seems pointless paying the dealer other than to uphold the warranty but whose going to know really come hand back next year.
Sure brake pads won’t come under warranty. I’d be changing them myself

davyk31

RMS Regular
Won’t be any issue changing them yourself. My assessor did not even ask for a service history, all he checked was to see if the light was not on for a service.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Some nice deals on Skoda Scala 1.0 115 SEL DSG in Mulhollands at the minute. Starting at £186 with 2 months upfront but that's for smurf blue. There's plenty in the UK with some options for not much more.

2020 Octavia 1.5 SELs available too. Think there's maybe only a race blue dsg one left. They have the black pack on the mirrors and grille and spare tyre. £600 deposit and £224 for the dsg one.
Excuse the crap photo of my new one!
IMG_20200610_121103.jpg

joel44w

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap scrap
Leon cupra 290 DSG

10k miles year over 2 years £234.36 a month £2109 initial payment (Inc vat!)

Mucking round with the miles and length of time the price still seems to be good to suit your own needs.

Knew this was slightly cheaper a a year or two ago but think it's a great deal at the minute.

Screenshot_20200613_132307_com.facebook.katana.jpg

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
Read 50 pages of this thread but can't see any mention of this

Seen some good lease deals on a Tiguan from mainland companies, happy enough with that but it's for a 3 year lease and technically the first MOT is due, anyone any experience of how to work around that?, probably best to 're-register' the car here and set the MOT to 4 years but can that be done?
Here is the deal I have found.

With Vanarama who seem to have an office here (02830 phone number) but they only deal with vans

Sorry, attachment doesn't show the monthly price - £315.96

Attachments

• Vanarama.jpg
    Vanarama.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Other half has just applied for a Leon FR Black Edition. Hoping for August delivery her current PCP is due the final payment in September. £223 per month on a 1x35 deal, 8,000 p/a.

Pretty good deal I thought, she has been keen on the Leon for a while.

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3

Seen some good lease deals on a Tiguan from mainland companies, happy enough with that but it's for a 3 year lease and technically the first MOT is due, anyone any experience of how to work around that?, probably best to 're-register' the car here and set the MOT to 4 years but can that be done?

With Vanarama who seem to have an office here (02830 phone number) but they only deal with vans

Just a few points on that:

- The one pictured is an R-Line and the model offered is an SEL. Look quite different but I'm sure you've already spotted that.

- It's an OK deal but a quick search on WhatCar Leasing (usually only deal with dealers directly) has this on offer below, arguably a better deal if you're happy with the 9 months initial payment (options to change to 3 or 6 months) for the trim line up (R-Line instead of SEL)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    186.5 KB · Views: 85

StevenMc29

RMS Regular

VW Boucher price matched a mainland lease deal from leasing.com for me. Very easy to deal with. Was a Scottish guy called John in the fleet department iirc.

The deal was considerably cheaper than the one you posted and with more miles although it was for a manual TDI Match and not DSG SEL. It was also over 6 months ago too so I'm sure leasing prices have changed.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Any amazing deals out there for a Seat Ateca? Preferably 2.0L TDI FR.

Should be with the facelift model out, I got a decent one on the Cupra Ateca. Contact your local Seat dealer & they should give you a steer, maybe check out select leasing 1st as a benchmark.

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
Just a few points on that:

- The one pictured is an R-Line and the model offered is an SEL. Look quite different but I'm sure you've already spotted that.

- It's an OK deal but a quick search on WhatCar Leasing (usually only deal with dealers directly) has this on offer below, arguably a better deal if you're happy with the 9 months initial payment (options to change to 3 or 6 months) for the trim line up (R-Line instead of SEL)

I have been researching this for sometime, the deal isn't the issue now it is the other wee bits and pieces, like collection and return and how the MOT will work - I'm haapy enough going over to England, it's more is there somewhere at Stena Cairnryan that we can actually do a handover, that sort of thing, I'm sure it can all be worked out. The MOT could potentially be a problem but again I'm sure it can be worked out.

I am currently sitting with 3 deals none of which are straight online deals more an online deal lead me to talk to a human being and low and behold they can conjure up something better, the one person who has been instrumental is a name I got from the pistonheads forum, Hollie Sharman (hollie.sharman@listers.co.uk) just email her and tell her what you have been quoted, for me she came in £1000 cheaper.

The deal you have shown is very good but as I have found out VW can be very confusing with their abbreviations, it is for a

2.0 TDi 150 4Motion R Line Tech 5 dr

I'm after a

2.0 TDi 150 SEL Tech 5 dr DSG (as far as I can see the R-Line looks sportier and has harder suspension)

Loads of alphabet soup, for some reason the non 4Motion seems to be more expensive and more obvioulsly DSG increases the cost as well.

I will try VW Boucher to see if they can come close but my experience with local VW dealers has not been good.

pablo

RMS Moderator
foot passenger to cairnryan - the guy will be there waiting for you
do handover in the carpark
join the queue to get back on the same ferry
book fully flexi in case he is late, also you get stena lounge so double win

come handback arrange for a couple of days before MOT due and let them sort it out. I had my last leon for 3 years and MOT was never mentioned. They (BCA/Wilsons whoever) just come collect from your house so no ferry required. My car was sold locally to Hursts and I see it all the time now lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
I did aye
dont forget to factor in GAP insurance. Most will use ALA (discounts codes available with a quick google) as the provider suppled GAP is usaully 4-5 times the price.

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
I had determined the my current car policy has "New Vehicle replacement" so I wasn't going to get GAP insurance