Lease deals thread

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I have been researching this for sometime, the deal isn't the issue now it is the other wee bits and pieces, like collection and return and how the MOT will work - I'm haapy enough going over to England, it's more is there somewhere at Stena Cairnryan that we can actually do a handover, that sort of thing, I'm sure it can all be worked out. The MOT could potentially be a problem but again I'm sure it can be worked out.

I am currently sitting with 3 deals none of which are straight online deals more an online deal lead me to talk to a human being and low and behold they can conjure up something better, the one person who has been instrumental is a name I got from the pistonheads forum, Hollie Sharman (hollie.sharman@listers.co.uk) just email her and tell her what you have been quoted, for me she came in £1000 cheaper.

The deal you have shown is very good but as I have found out VW can be very confusing with their abbreviations, it is for a

2.0 TDi 150 4Motion R Line Tech 5 dr

I'm after a

2.0 TDi 150 SEL Tech 5 dr DSG (as far as I can see the R-Line looks sportier and has harder suspension)

Loads of alphabet soup, for some reason the non 4Motion seems to be more expensive and more obvioulsly DSG increases the cost as well.

I will try VW Boucher to see if they can come close but my experience with local VW dealers has not been good.

I would avoid Agnews at all costs, try Philips.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
imagine day one of your lease and you stack it. In my case the payout on a 30k car will be what? 25k? I dont fancy paying 5k to own a car for one day

Quote below, I'm over 2 years but might buy it after then, what does the claim limit of £15k mean when I put the value in at £38k & covered for up to £40k..?

Your Order:
Estimated vehicle price: £38,000.00
Policies:

Contract Hire Plus GAP:
Term of cover: 3 Years Type: 60 Initial Rental Cover: £3,000 Claim limit: £15,000 Premium: £149.25

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Quote below, I'm over 2 years but might buy it after then, what does the claim limit of £15k mean when I put the value in at £38k & covered for up to £40k..?

Your Order:
Estimated vehicle price: £38,000.00
Policies:

Contract Hire Plus GAP:
Term of cover: 3 Years Type: 60 Initial Rental Cover: £3,000 Claim limit: £15,000 Premium: £149.25
Thats probably the "gap" that they will cover. I.e. if your 38k car is written off, and insurance pay out 30k then gap insurance pays 8k - for example

davyk31

RMS Regular
New car replacement often only applies to a privately owned car and thus not a leased car and also is unlikely to cover the full 2 or 3 year term. It also isn’t anywhere near as good as it seems as any slight upgrade or change in model may mean a direct replacement is no longer available and then they can pay you just market value. I have experience of how sticky they can be over this point with my dads car and a slight facelift and model rename meaning they refused to offer a new car. After a lot of fighting they agreed to replace the car but wanted to supply via a car broker thus no dealer backup to fix any little squeaks or rattles. I argued that was not putting him back in the position he had been in pre accident. After more arguing they accepted this but the new car cost was something like £500 more and that had to be paid. With GAP it’s so much easier as the GAP insurer pick up any shortfall and for the tiny premium price it’s well worth it.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
imagine day one of your lease and you stack it. In my case the payout on a 30k car will be what? 25k? I dont fancy paying 5k to own a car for one day

This. Speaking from experience, our lease car was written off last year (not our fault) And although we ended up not needing to use the GAP (as insurer paid value due to it being 4 months old) it was already to go and ALA were very easy to deal with. MSE25 is the discount code too for 25% off

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
I binned a new car on 10 months. My insurance policy unbeknown to me covered new for old first 12 months. I’ve always been of the opinion that having GAP year one is a waste of money. Worth checking your policy before paying for a years cover you already have.

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
sounds like there can be exclusions for lease cars, was yours a lease @Audi_TTS ?
t'was - HP'd with a small bit financed. insurance paid that and then sent me a chq for the balance (was no discount in them there days!) - first cheq they sent me was about £4k short and i compalined once i read the small print and they sent the rest. fly hures!

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
I (am venting now) have just been on with my insurance company - Aviva - and while it does say that I have New Vehicle Replacement they have found a clause on page 7 of a 28 page document that apparently I should have read which states "We will only replace your vehicle if the principal policyholder purchased it: outright, or under a finance agreement where ownership passes to the principal policyholder and the Finance Company agrees"

My renewal schedule has an option for New Vehicle Replacement and there is a tick beside it.

I was very close to NOT getting GAP insurance for the first year as I genuinely thought it was covered on my policy, at least for 1 year.

I have had some good experience's with Aviva but this is reflecting very badly on them as far as I am concerned.

davyk31

RMS Regular
It is very common that the replacement option only applies to a privately owned car. They work on the theory that if leased you drive it like you stole it.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Looks like a decent deal..
Screenshot_20200707-075552_Facebook.jpg