Lease deals thread

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@big cyril ecarNI Electric Vehicles and Cars Northern Ireland

What part of the country are you in? The rapid chargers for the etron are the combo ccs fitment, use front drivers side of the car pull the sausage shape plastic flap down and ull see the extra contact points.

Register with e car ni and ask for a couple of charge point access cards, you might need them for some of the public chargers.

image.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Anyone seen any decent 2 year lease deals for between 12000-15000 miles.

Needs to have a big enough boot for two dogs.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I know!:sob: We could never afford To buy something like this so whatever comes after will always be a step back

big cyril

RMS Regular
@Burt2000 thanks for that, will check it out. We’re near Dromore, is that the DC charging with the extra two terminal plug? The air suspension is great, I’ve come from an e70 X5, some difference.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Burt2000 thanks for that, will check it out. We’re near Dromore, is that the DC charging with the extra two terminal plug? The air suspension is great, I’ve come from an e70 X5, some difference.

Barbican centra has a rapid charger, 30-40 mins on it will get you about 80% or 140-150 miles approx. Public chargers are still free to use in NI too which is a bonus

Last edited:

davyk31

RMS Regular
What’s the real life range like on an e tron if you were doing A road 60 mph driving mostly.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Depends on the model, weather, etc but the ones linked above is quoted at 190 miles. Real life reports suggest that the official range is somewhat conservative, so could manage more than that.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
What’s the real life range like on an e tron if you were doing A road 60 mph driving mostly.

On the 50kw above the range is approx 185-190 miles per charge but in efficiency mode it will recharge itself when coasting and braking, also with the flappy paddles on the steering wheel you can up the intensity of the energy recovery system on say a steep downhill where the car will engine brake (even though there is no engine) harder and put the extra energy back into the batteries, we did a 20 mile run trip the other day and it only dropped 14 miles and off the range. Winter will use slightly more battery power than summer. We haven’t had to do a full charge yet in the first 2 weeks, just a top up of about 100 miles once a week at a rapid charger.

Last edited:

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I'm getting about 260 miles out of the ipace. Podpoint is my home charger, put in by a local firm, great job. They put it exactly where I wanted it zero fuss. I have been meaning to switch to economy 7 to charge it cheap over night but to be honest I'm not charging it as often as I thought and frequently get a quarter 'tank' free by parking at a free charger and going for a long run so may not bother with the hassle. 15980842050423970528110011977504.jpg

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I'm getting about 260 miles out of the ipace. Podpoint is my home charger, put in by a local firm, great job. They put it exactly where I wanted it zero fuss. I have been meaning to switch to economy 7 to charge it cheap over night but to be honest I'm not charging it as often as I thought and frequently get a quarter 'tank' free by parking at a free charger and going for a long run so may not bother with the hassle. View attachment 291956
Do any of you on these deals know if they are available to GP partners? @big cyril @hutchy_belfast @Burt2000 ?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Afaik gp’s don’t qualify unless you are paid by the nhs, my sister is a gp but didn’t qualify, she’s not a partner though.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Any good deals available for a polo or something along those lines in diesel for 15k a year .

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aye she's higher rate so saves a bit more.

Ordered. Worked out at £247 a month including the charger for it fully maintained and insured. Hopefully it actually materialises but if not, hey ho.

Order placed with the dealer so looks like we're a go. Unfortunately means I've to use the Tiguan for a while until it's lease ends, which kind of sucks because it's pretty dreadful, but first world problems, etc.

Anyway, assuming the lease is VWFS through NHS then is there an opportunity that I could end the Tiguan one early without fees? That would be a good option.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Pretty sure VW will release you from a lease a little early with no penalty if you are taking another car with them. Worth a call.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Pretty sure VW will release you from a lease a little early with no penalty if you are taking another car with them. Worth a call.
I couldn't get out of an Audi lease early to take a VW one without penalty. Both through Agnews and both VW finance ultimately.

I didn't push very hard to be fair as delivery dates were longer than first expected and dates worked out okay in the end.