Lease deals thread

pablo

RMS Moderator
if your lease would be 500pm then thats some miles and you only lost 6k on the R? sounds a bit optimistic

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Pretty difficult to do a new vs used comparison as well. Unless that was a £6k loss on a brand new one.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
6k depreciation only? Or is that all costs included?

No costs factored in there. Though they weren't to much over all anyway.

Costs were £179 for two services (a deal when I bought it), a set of tyres at around £500ish and tax at around £300ish (from memory) for the two years so around £1k total. Still cost me less than £7k over the two years....still under £300 per month too with no milage restrictions.

Traded it in with 30k miles on it at just over 23 months old. I changed jobs after around 6 months of ownership and now do 70 miles a day (near 17k per year) or there abouts just going to and from work so the miles rack up pretty quickly. Means these lease deals rarely work for me so I buy my cars. I now drive a derv :worried:

Pretty difficult to do a new vs used comparison as well. Unless that was a £6k loss on a brand new one.

@Coog it was brand spanking new. Had 7 miles on it when I collected it.

if your lease would be 500pm then thats some miles and you only lost 6k on the R? sounds a bit optimistic

Reality on what I actually did milage wise and what I bought v sold the car for. Lease deals are not always the best option esp for higher milage people like myself.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
No costs factored in there. Though they weren't to much over all anyway.

Costs were £179 for two services (a deal when I bought it), a set of tyres at around £500ish and tax at around £300ish (from memory) for the two years so around £1k total. Still cost me less than £7k over the two years....still under £300 per month too with no milage restrictions.

Traded it in with 30k miles on it at just over 23 months old. I changed jobs after around 6 months of ownership and now do 70 miles a day (near 17k per year) or there abouts just going to and from work so the miles rack up pretty quickly. Means these lease deals rarely work for me so I buy my cars. I now drive a derv :worried:

What about financing costs? Any mods done to the car that went with it?

Bought for X sold for Y on a car does not equate to amortised lease costs.

Also worth bearing in mind this is the very latest version, not one that's been running a while and the R back in 2016 was £6800 for 2 years. All in. I have the spreadsheet there with all the info on it. £1,500 + 23 @ £232 for Lapiz blue it was, or less for white.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What about financing costs? Any mods done to the car that went with it?

Bought for X sold for Y on a car does not equate to amortised lease costs.

Also worth bearing in mind this is the very latest version, not one that's been running a while and the R back in 2016 was £6800 for 2 years. All in. I have the spreadsheet there with all the info on it. £1,500 + 23 @ £232 for Lapiz blue it was, or less for white.
Reaction GIF by moodman

Dan.86

RMS Regular
What’s the general penalty amount for kernes wheels? Trying to work out if it’s more economical to get them refurbed before handing back in June.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
What’s the general penalty amount for kernes wheels? Trying to work out if it’s more economical to get them refurbed before handing back in June.
VWFS Dan? I was charged £36 for one on the superb back in May. Assessor said it was easier not getting them done as they would be more likely to not match the others and be charged for a complete new wheel.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
On the lookout for decent EV deals for a short journey daily beater.
Going to call John Mulholland tomorrow to see if they can get anywhere near this deal.
Won’t be holding my breath but would be a lot handier.
078F40A4-D123-45AF-88E2-0AC0C5787458.png

Dan.86

RMS Regular
VWFS Dan? I was charged £36 for one on the superb back in May. Assessor said it was easier not getting them done as they would be more likely to not match the others and be charged for a complete new wheel.
Yeh same one. That’s reassuring. Do they have an opportunity to get them done if the penalty is more than the cost? 3 of mine would need it

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Can anyone recommend a good lease company who will deliver to NI and anyone seen any good lease deals for the new Golf R this month?
Thanks

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Can anyone recommend a good lease company who will deliver to NI and anyone seen any good lease deals for the new Golf R this month?
Thanks
Most companies whose stock is in GB will only deliver to a port.
That’s what’s putting me off at the moment.

J-VW

RMS Regular
Most companies whose stock is in GB will only deliver to a port.
That’s what’s putting me off at the moment.

It's a handy enough process done it a few years ago, boat to Scotland, car sitting waiting, few bits of paperwork signed and back onto the same boat for the return.

When the lease term ended the car was collected from my door in Ni by Woodsides which seems to be common practice with cars that are leased from accross the water I believe. Was very hassle free would do it again if the deal accross the water was right.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
It's a handy enough process done it a few years ago, boat to Scotland, car sitting waiting, few bits of paperwork signed and back onto the same boat for the return.

When the lease term ended the car was collected from my door in Ni by Woodsides which seems to be common practice with cars that are leased from accross the water I believe. Was very hassle free would do it again if the deal accross the water was right.

Oh aye it’s handy enough but is it an essential journey? That’s why I’m holding off.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Thanks

AFAIK the deals you see in the GB lease companies should be available through VW direct, at least this was the case with my Ateca, GB lease deal, local Seat garage

Speak to you local VW garage & ask the question.

The deals on that new R are very tempting, would definately go for one if theyre still around in 18 months..

davyk31

RMS Regular
Some pretty good lease deals on the M135i and 128ti from Arnold
Clarke. On a 3 year deal the 228ti is about £280 per month with 3 months up front.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Some pretty good lease deals on the M135i and 128ti from Arnold
Clarke. On a 3 year deal the 228ti is about £280 per month with 3 months up front.
Yes seen that on piston heads maintenance included for the m135 on 3+35 was like £328 10k

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Didn't know they'd brought back the ti moniker, cool.

Yeah launched it couple of months ago there. Interior is quite nice, lots of red detailing and 'ti' stitched into the armrest. Supposed to handle better than the 135!

Reactions: Ben