Led Headlights

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NotKG

Banned
eventually got round to uncovering the bike from hibernation and fitting these ,
and straight back under the covers,
by heck, some difference.
cant wait to meed a couple of HID tommy tankers with these ;-)
16831109_331893957206160_3675654535262839447_n.jpg

NotKG

Banned
a mate put them in a car and they weren't as good a beam as the bike. the bike doesn't have a 'kickoff' and the car has. it's leaking a bit of ambient light ,,, but no where near as much as the HID's he had in previous. he took them out again as it was going to MOT.
the bike having no kickoff has a nice flat beam, square and it's virtually no light above it. .
don't know any has went through the actual MOT though.

Andy55

RMS Regular
How are those with the led bulbs getting on?
Was looking into putting them into a Passat with non-projector headlights but wasn't sure if the beam pattern would be way off.
Are the nightline ones still the ones to go for?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
How are those with the led bulbs getting on?
Was looking into putting them into a Passat with non-projector headlights but wasn't sure if the beam pattern would be way off.
Are the nightline ones still the ones to go for?
Nighteye you mean?

I've no complaints, I had removed them from the Range Rover as I was going off-roading and hadn't got around to modifying the back covers because I was afraid water would get in.

So was driving for a while with the old ring 120% ones in again and they were candles in comparison.
Put the nighteye leds back in on Friday past and was DrivIng home from cork on Sunday evening and the lights were awesome.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Was running the H7 led lights in both dipped and main beam with no issues, passed the mot before selling it with them fitted
Had 35w H7 Nighteye for the dipped and 55w H7 TXVSO8 stuff in the main beam. The TXVSO8 stuff I got from this guy Items in hidmarket2016 shop on eBay.
Just wish I could fit them to my current car but the bulb holders are not compatible

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Anyone with them in a VAG with projector lamps running them successfully with no errors or stupid ****ing canbus symptoms?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Anyone with them in a VAG with projector lamps running them successfully with no errors or stupid ****ing canbus symptoms?
Brother tried them in his mk5 golf that has hella xenon copies and due to the bulb shape it left an unlit bit in the centre of the beam.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I got some for my insignia, I'm still undecided.

They do look good, but the colour temperature is cooler than my main beam and lightbar leds

I've adjusted everything and I'm not blinding anyone, and after much fiddling, a decent beam pattern

I had expected more to be honest. If I was keeping this car longer I'd just rip the headlights open and fit bixenon projectors but these will do for now.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
What fiddling did you do to sort the beam pattern? I have mine in but id to adjust them down but if i could improve the cut off it would be nice

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I got some for my insignia, I'm still undecided.

They do look good, but the colour temperature is cooler than my main beam and lightbar leds

I've adjusted everything and I'm not blinding anyone, and after much fiddling, a decent beam pattern

I had expected more to be honest. If I was keeping this car longer I'd just rip the headlights open and fit bixenon projectors but these will do for now.
Are they in a projector lense?

Bother tried them in his golf with xenon replica lights and they don't work well in the projector

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
you have a lightbar on your insignia - excellent!

any pics? I'm deciding on whether to fit one on my caddy. have one on our work transit connect, but its on the a-bar

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
My led lights failed mot last month. The machine wasn't picking up enough light. They are h7 in projector headlights. I have put them back in since mot though as with standard bulbs I can see **** all

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia

any pics? I'm deciding on whether to fit one on my caddy. have one on our work transit connect, but its on the a-bar
Yeah, down in the lower grill it's awesome.

I'll get a picture for you.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
What fiddling did you do to sort the beam pattern? I have mine in but id to adjust them down but if i could improve the cut off it would be nice
In the ones I got, you are able to move the bulb around in is collar. So I played with about the orientation of the leds, pointing to the sides, up and down and everything inbetween.

About 20 degrees off vertical seemed to give best results

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia

20170828_125758.jpg
20170828_125821.jpg
20170828_125842.jpg

Ideally it should be mounted at headlight level, as you get a little bit of a hotspot right in front of the car.

It's a small bar but punches well above its weight.

Most lightbars you see are 3 or 5 watt chips, these are 10 watt, giving a total of 120 watts.

The outer 3 on each side are 40 degree floods and the inner 6 are 10 degree spots.

Everyone comments how good my headlights are when they are in the car.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.