Legal Tyre Tread Query

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
A few main dealers I spoke to last year said they don't prep untill the car is sold. Scuffs, tyres and servicing etc don't get sorted until the vehicle is sold.

Yeh aka wait to see how fussy the potential customer is and get away with the bare minimum. More times than enough someone buys a car and brings it home only to have the brother in law or someone point out dents/bad paint etc. It's ok though, its got Supaguard on it? lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Thought I should follow this up. I sent a strongly worded email to the dealership head office and BMW customer service last night (wanted to wait until the dealer had paid for a bit of paint work). This morning the sales manager phoned to apologise and agreed to pay a compensation figure I had proposed to cover tyres (and a replacement rear light), without any objection. Very impressive, just a pity it had to happen in the first place.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Thought I should follow this up. I sent a strongly worded email to the dealership head office and BMW customer service last night (wanted to wait until the dealer had paid for a bit of paint work). This morning the sales manager phoned to apologise and agreed to pay a compensation figure I had proposed to cover tyres (and a replacement rear light), without any objection. Very impressive, just a pity it had to happen in the first place.
Result Ian.

The old tyres for sale yet? 🤪

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
More importantly does it have an LSD? If you aren't sure then you know what to do.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
If it wasn’t in Bavarian getting fixed, I could perhaps find out.