Lewis' R6 5sl

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@big-lew18 yeh we were amazed too lol! Mines stored with his and to look at them you wouldn’t know

Apart he painted his lower black lol

Attachments

• 685DC02C-4853-4D1E-AF4E-1AE9F49CB4D1.jpeg
    685DC02C-4853-4D1E-AF4E-1AE9F49CB4D1.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 106

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Fitted my tail tidy today, I just used the bolts from the old unit but they look a bit weathered. I think i have other new black bolts somewhere in the shed so they will be swapped some night this week
Snapchat-503073329.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Fitted my front indicators today, took me a while to figure out how the blanking plates worked, but only took 15 minutes after that. Really changes the bike imo, also got my metro plate fitted. New exhaust is ordered from Pipewerx and should be here on Monday, fingers crossed! Going tomorrow to try and get an exhaust hanger and remove the rear pegs. Then to get her cleaned over the weekend and parked up for Cookstown next weekend:grinning:
Snapchat-1006310255.jpg
Snapchat-1551498911.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Took the rear pegs off over the weekend, then put a Harris hanger on for the exhaust.
20180421_190721.jpg

Then I collected my new slip on today
20180423_100410.jpg

Pipewerx Hawk Moto Gp Carbon Fiber w/SS slash cut tip.
IMG_20180423_211912_804.jpg
IMG_20180423_211658_665.jpg
20180423_195117.jpg
IMG_20180423_211441_517.jpg

5 minute job to fit. I'm really impressed with the quality of it, it's really well made and finished. Link pipe could have done with being about 2 inches shorter, but i can do that myself over time. Heres a quick video i took, and its not an awful attempt at cinematics, the camera started to slip.lol

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
It looked like a bit of Brett Martin 4" drain pipe sprayed with a rattle can. The box the slip on came in, with the link pipe and all other bit's and bob's is smaller than the standard can.lol

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Right so, took the bike out last week, done very little miles. When i came home it had filled the expansion tank( normally sits bang on half mark). Monday was the first chance i got to look at the bike and it was still full to the brim. I unscrewed the rad cap and let the bike heat up. It dropped a bit, i let the bike cool for a bit and done it again and the water level dropped to it's usual half mark. Tonight is the first time i've ridden it since and it's done it again. Only done about 40 miles, it didn't over heat or **** about, i didn't give it a hard time. Is it airlocking? Is it a sticky thermostat? Any advice on this one?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
So got the coolant issue sorted a few weeks back, it was a dodgy rad cap causing pressure issues.

Trawling eBay I found a Heeltech quick shifter, the boy had bought it thinking it would fit his R1 but luckily for me it didn't. I saved £100 off the usual price so I was well chuffed. I then booked the bike in with Christain Elkin at Dynocentre NI. He gave the bike a quick once over and the only issue that he could find was the valve clearances, he set them, fitted the QS and I also ordered a Heeltech gear indicator pro through him. Got the bike back and I'm addicted to the sound going through the gears! I had also noticed the 2 bits of trim under either side of the handle bars had seen better days. There was 2 wee hooks broken off each and one of the 2 mounting points that the bolt goes through was missing off each, and another was glued together. I had been told they were £37 +VAT each off Yamaha. I got them for £23 delivered, and the slow boat from China only took 6 days to deliver it!! I had to buy some foam to stick onto it too so I also got it stuck on and got them fitted. There is still a few things on my list for it. Also picked up a pair of real carbon fibre heel guards for cheap. Hoping to try and squeeze in a track day before the end of the year too. Been saying that all year though, I'm worried that as soon as I do a track day here I'll book onto the Cartagena trip next March with my mate.lol

QS unit hiding under the seat(y) it's Bluetooth compatible and can bee adjusted, monitored or turned off completely from your phone
20180908_125033.jpg

I haven't a picture of the 2 bits of trim I took off the bike, but they were both missing the mounting point that's half way up and the two hooks at top
20180908_113919.jpg
20180801_190455.jpg
20180801_180929.jpg

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
looking well big lew. thinking about a healtech quickshifter for my bike. heard good reports about Christian. was the labour charge reasonable ?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Bike developed a misfire about 3 weeks ago, after a quick blast 5 mile up the road. 4 new plugs later and we're running on all 4 cylinders again. One of the top coils wasn't as hard to get off as the other 3, but if that was the problem 4 new NGK's won't do it any harm either. My brother just got a Ninja 650 today so hopefully get a few runs out with him before winter comes knocking (already had a frosty morning heading to work). I've a new shed arriving in a few weeks. Can't wait to get the bike into it for a good strip down and clean!
20181020_143228.jpg

Snapchat-824260690.jpg

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
Bike developed a misfire about 3 weeks ago, after a quick blast 5 mile up the road. 4 new plugs later and we're running on all 4 cylinders again. One of the top coils wasn't as hard to get off as the other 3, but if that was the problem 4 new NGK's won't do it any harm either. My brother just got a Ninja 650 today so hopefully get a few runs out with him before winter comes knocking (already had a frosty morning heading to work). I've a new shed arriving in a few weeks. Can't wait to get the bike into it for a good strip down and clean!View attachment 212748
View attachment 212749
glad you got her sorted. did.nt cost a fortune either. weather this week looks promising(y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.