Lew's Accord Type R - NOW WITH CONTENT.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
3rd time lucky I hope on this....

So here it is. 2001 Pre face lift Type R Accord, Good history and a file full of receipt's. The body work is pretty much immaculate so it mean's I can concentrate elsewhere.

It has a full service history up to 103k apparently it had another 2 over the last 15k but only recites for 1. So full major service planned in the very near future! Last week it got a new timing belt kit inc. tensioners, pulleys and balancer belt, water pump, cam seals, crank seals, cam cover gasket kit, oil pressure switch and bottom arm inner and outer bush's so hopefully build the funds up a tad and get it serviced in a week or too and also get the tappets set.

It also has an extensive folder of recites ranging from 75p washers to a full head rebuild and gearbox rebuild. All common faults have been addressed and fixed.

Plan's are, coilover's, full exhaust system and new long arm (AEM or K&N). Its pretty mint and standard apart from smoothed front bumper and some description of a long arm kit. In the meantime I plan to enjoy it as its my first Honda:grinning::cool:

How I got it
039.jpg

Now
108.jpg

104.jpg

099.jpg

034.jpg

And I spent last Friday polishing my knob;)

068.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

075.jpg

All C&C welcome

Last edited:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
This got posted?! Lol. My laptop restarted itself after downloading an update. I was half way throught and i thought i lost it and I couldnt be fooked typing this out again. Mods please delete this and ill put a new one up tomorrow or thursday.lol

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
I turned the laptop off in a huff.lol. and I dont think I can upload them from my samdung s4.lol

BrianM

RMS Regular
Drives
07 Honda S2k
Looks lovely lad. Check out Solid Fabrications if you're looking for an exhaust on www.accordr.org and get speaking to Andy from vtecDirect aswell.

He's a top lad and is a complete guru on these, really helped me with mine!

Brian

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
not sure on the plate offset, apart from that looks well (y)

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
With the smoothed bumper I wasn't too sure where to mount the plate. I didn't want to drill holes in the middle incase there was a bit of 'pon or I cracked the paint. And don't want big dopey sticky pads on it as its nice to have the option to take it off the odd time. I think the smooth bumper is a really nice touch. And it seems to be a real good job. So I put it to the side. I wasn't totally sure. Days I think it suits it. Days I dont. Although the vinyl idea sounds good. I need to try and fabricate a small bracket to mount it in the middle too. I was never a big fan of them offset myself

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I really like that and it makes me want one! Not a fan of the plate like that either, but the smooth bumper does look well.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Definitely a LOT better in the middle :grinning: How did you mount it out of interest?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
I had a tegiwa imports side plate mount thingy. Just a thin bit of angled aluminium. I need to make one for the centre though. As its only mounted at one end the other wobbles and I think it may eventually damage the paint work.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Sure who needs front plates anyway :p Thats what i did on the Integra but when actually running a plate i did similar to you and had 2 L plate brackets attached to either side of the plate so that i could bolt through a couple of holes i drilled on the underside lip of the bumper where you are screwed into now and hold it on that way with slight gap so as not to rub paint :grinning:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Yeah. The boy I bought it off had no plate on. But he got pulled on both test drives I took it on.lol. I just need to secure the other end of the bracket. I fancy one of the jap tilt brackets though.lol

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Well I wasted the morning waiting about to meet someone off here for something he had for sale, only to eventually get stood up!!:mad:8o|:mad:

So since my afternoon had been wasted I thought I would go fiddle about with a camera I'd got as a present but never really used :oops: not quite sure what all the buttons are for.lol

DSCF0133.jpg
DSCF0134.jpg
DSCF0138.jpg
DSCF0145.jpg
DSCF0148.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.