Lexus GS450h : New Daily

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Time for a new daily and as most of us here, I struggle with the routine, even in daily hacks.

I find I need something even remotely interesting to ensure the daily drive doesn't tire me.

I began looking at mk2 Lexus gs300s and Aristos, but the aristo was stupid expensive for what it was (JDM Tax) and the gs300 just wasn't frugal enough.

Kicked into looking at hybrids, again random older insights etc, and then remembers the gs450h from the 5th Gear Team drive days.

Went and seen a few and they where rough, then this one in Manchester popped up.

3 owner car, full Lexus service history from new inc. battery health checks etc.

For those who are interested this is the 3.5l V6 with the hybrid battery options.

The deal was done after WhatsApp chats and videos and then flew over yesterday for it.

My dad turns 70 next month so brought him with me and surprised him with an Old Trafford Tour and meal. Proper dad son memories made.

The car drives sublime, 99k on it, but honestly not so much a rattle/squeek or even mark on the interior.

Wheels need a light refurb at some point and need a door ding taken out but apart from that, a good polish and wax.

getting 38mpg motorways and 34mpg mixed which im happy with as the car weighs a ton and is sub 6 to 60 lol

Photos

(are ya even on a boat....)

sunset gs.jpg

OT gs.jpg

Interior gs.jpg

Shes proper big but goes well.

Will get some more photos over next few days, but the spec is hilarious for 2009 inc keyless entry, rear folding sunblinds etc.

Liverpool Sunset as we left

tempImagecK3Nq3.png

Belfast as we arrived

tempImagegls8Qt.png

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Very nice. A true unsung hero.

The engine is a peach. Smooth, powerful, reliable and surprisingly economical too. I'm getting 30-32 on a run and mine's over 2 ton!

c_rad

RMS Regular
Drives
Range Rover
Great things! I'm biased as I'm a lover of Lexus in general anyway. Let the modding begin :joy:

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
The GS is a great car and in 450 guise is a very capable car. Loved my 300H and considered the v6 hybrid at the time but decided on the 300H in the end as i already had a v6 in the garage.

Health to drive, no point in saying good luck with it as they built to a high quality! :grinning:

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Class. I loved my 400’s and always regret selling the gold one but hey ho. Awesome you shared that with your dad too mate. Health to waft ⛴️

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love these, loads of these in Dubai used as taxis and always were so so comfortable!

Perfect daily that!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Looks great and loads of spec for the age of them. You had me looking them up after you mentioned them on another thread, added them to my list of possible dailys. Be good to hear how you get on with it.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Another fan, have fought myself away from buying one a number of times, htd. Take it it's got the cvt box? Loved the Nissan equivalent in the Murano, bit of getting used to then u wouldn't even notice you had a gearbox, and it would sit at insane speed at something like 1.5k revs.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Lovely big bus! It may be a daily but I'm sure it wont be long til you add your own touches. Enjoy! (y)

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Older guy in the town has one and it sits lovely on just a nice set of wheels tbf, wheels are matched perfectly to it.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I got mine imported from the states. Cant remember the website, think it began with S but ill have a look and see if I can find it. Its a well known bodykit site for all variety of cars etc.

I always liked this type of style

1718983894172.png

** UPDATE ** Sorry tell a lie mine was from CarID in the states - J-Spec Style Front Lip Spoiler

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Proper big staff wagon HTD

Its amazing the difference a drop and a nice set of wheels makes to any motor

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Got a few hours at it yesterday.

My son asked for the first time to help with the polishing and waxing. Had his first time with a DA.M (very soft pad lol) and then hand waxing. He loved it and earned a fiver lol.

Paint prob need a pro with an orbital and proper know how but got a lot of the swirls out.

Flattering pic
15FDC85B-BA28-4A74-B90E-829A2EE25D63.jpeg